News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

New ICAO for airports - a proposal

Started by FlyingAxx, November 26, 2017, 12:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlyingAxx

Hi Tim,

ICAO codes are not necessarily valid forever and people like me are trying to update those in cases I'm flying in those areas via Airport Design Editor (the Pro-version is needed). Furthermore Microsoft used quite often kinda pseudo codes (e.g. Sri Lanka is full of those VC11, VC12 etc...).

However, as FS doesn't support such changes and you'll have two airports at the same place finally. Unfortunately the default one will show up in Plan-G when hovering with your mouse over the spot and you can't select the correct ICAO even not via the context menu. It seems to me, that it might to have something to with the way you are layering the database content when building up the map. I suppose that you are first searching for all defaults before overwriting such data with add-ons dealing with already known objects. Sometimes even contradicting data are shown (see enclosed picture), the mouse-info shows the correct ICAO while the information window sticks on the default one. Unfortunately the context menu only offers the faulty ICAO and you have to use the search function.

Is there anything you can do (probably in a far future) to bring the add-ons on top?
Regards,
Axel

tim arnot

I can add a simple 'exclude' list - put the defunct ICAO in that & Plan'G will ignore it (same format as the AddonAirports_xxx.txt files in 3.2). Would that do?

Tim. @TimArnot

FlyingAxx

That could help a lot I suppose and would eliminate even those fake airports that Aces invented due to different sources containing faulty data. BTW, I'v just changed VC11 to VCCK including renewing the whole environment (coast lines, the missing Koggala Lake, objects and LCs), learned to build generic buildings, re-arranged my ADE Object data base etc.... :afro:  Sorry for answering late...
Regards,
Axel