News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Cannot connect to P3Dv4 with P3D simconnect, I can connect with FSX simconnect

Started by typertwo4, December 01, 2017, 04:38:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

typertwo4

I've used previous versions of Plan-G, it's great software...I've recently setup P3Dv4 and I am unable to connect to P3D using the P3D simconnect module however I can connect using the FSX simconnect module.

All seems OK until I attempt to tune a frequency thru Plan-G. This causes Plan-G to crash.

I've inserted the simconnect.xml file and the simconnect.cfg file where they should be and still no luck getting the P3D simconnect module to do it's thing. When I click on connect Plan-G hangs, and it doesn't center on the aircraft's location. There seems to be a lack of communication.

I'd like to verfy that I am using the correct P3D simconnect module...

Also how do I determine if the firewall is blocking the module?

Any ideas appreciated.

tim arnot

Check that your IP address is still correct, using IPCONFIG. If your PC(s) get their addressed via dhcp, it can change every time you boot. It's always recommended that you have your router reserve an address for your flight sim PC.

Please attach both config files and the log of a connection attempt, and I'll take a look.

To determine if your firewall/antivirus is blocking the connection: turn it off, then retry.

Tim. @TimArnot

typertwo4

Hi Tim

It seems that Malwarebytes AV was the culprit. It was also interfering with my PMDG aircraft. I uninstalled Malwarebytes and all seems OK.

Cheers

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot