News:

Main Menu

Missing VORs in after update to 3.2.0.144

Started by Stobby84, December 09, 2017, 09:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stobby84

Hi all,
I just updated my Plan G installation to 3.2.0.144 and I took the occasion to recreate my navigation database which is built from XPlane.
I followed the standard procedure (Data -> Build Navigation Database) and I discovered that all VOR have been correctly identified (see attached log) but are not shown in the map.
On the other hand all navaids like ILS and NDB are correctly displayed without any issue.

I've already checked on map ribbon that VORs checkbox is checked and I confirm that it is, have anybody had the same issue in the past?

In normal operations Xplane works correcly
My config:

XPLANE 10.51r2

See in attachment my logfile!

Bye and thank you very much!

Stobby84

I just worked around the issue by generating the dB with 3.1.3.113 and then importing the Db in 3.2.0... looks like that 3.2.0.144 does not import very well XP10 VORs..

tim arnot

Thanks, I'll look into that. What locale is your PC set to?

Tim. @TimArnot

Stobby84

If you mean which international setup I have I have French (Belgium) one.

Decimals: ,
Grouping: .
List separator: ;

Let me know if you need the whole locale set...

Hope it'll help!

tim arnot

Thanks. A log file provided by another user shows there are locale-based errors when generating the data. For now you can either use data built with an earlier version, cor change to an EN locale temporarily. It'll be fixed in the next release.

Tim. @TimArnot

Stobby84

Ok, thanks a lot for your efforts!

Great job Plan G!

N1755L

Well I seem to be set to Locale US, but database build fails.

Stobby84 mentions that he worked around it by building the database with an earlier version... the only version I have is much older, and generates .mdb files, while the newest versions are generating .sdf database files?

Can I dload a pre-latest version of Plan-G?  Likely renaming the .mdb file to a .sdf extension likely wouldn't work, as the contents would be differently formatted?

Thanks.

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot