News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

X-Plane 11 database failed to build (merged)

Started by John Lygo, December 09, 2017, 07:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

w9nwrwi

I just tried installing Ver 3.20.144 on my main flt sim computer (XP-11) and it worked just perfect, no errors at all on the data base build. Took around 5 or 10 minutes.

This time I did the install into a non-system directory. i.e. C:\Plan-G instead of the default C:\Program-files X86.  I also used the Run As Administrator for the setup.exe, no rhyme or reason, just did it on a whim.
Plan G looks good, ILS feathers, airport info, frequency transfers (XPUIPC is installed) work fine so far.

Chuck
Computer:
CPU:i7-6700 4.0GHz, Ram:32GB,  Video.Card: GTX 1070 8Gb, OS:Win 10, 3ea 24" HDMI Widescreen.
X-Plane 11

John Lygo

I managed to get around this problem by doing the following:
I reinstalled Plan-G v314.129 on my flying machine, then built the XP11.10 database. I then reinstalled Plan-G v320.144 on my flying machine. The database was showing all the updated airfields in XP11. I then copied the XP11.10 database over to my secondary PC so now I have the updated XP data on both machines. Not the best solution but it worked!  :D

Der Rote Baron

Any news about this issue? I wanted to update my XP 11.25 database, but with v3.2.1.151 I'm getting the same error message like here.
Using the old 3.1.4 version to circumvent it ended in a frozen Plan-G. So currently I'm not able to build the database.

tim arnot

No, I haven't found a way around it. I keep looking...

Tim. @TimArnot

Der Rote Baron

Ok, thanks. Isn't there any way to increase the possible database size? Which database format are you using?
With the growing scenery gateway this could become a serious problem in future.

tim arnot

Yes, but that appears not to be the actual issue - the database size is set plenty big enough. The problem is actually something  different, it's just being reported like this (and it only affects some PCs)

Tim. @TimArnot

Der Rote Baron

With a clean X-Plane 11.40 installation without addons the database exceeds it's maximum size of 256MB in Plan-G 3.2.2. With Plan-G 3.1.4 and lots of addons there is no problem for me.

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

Der Rote Baron

Unfortunately the issue still exists and grew up: old PlanG3_XPX.sdf databases seem to be not compatible anymore and I don't see any airports anymore.

tim arnot

Multiple other people have reported that build 164 fixes the issue. Please attach the log file showing a database build so I can investigate further.

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

Ok, that's a different error. I need to look into what's causing it.

I think I've found the issue. Could you try this build (it's just the .exe. back up your existing Plan-G.exe file and unzip this over the top), and see if it's fixed for you?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zyvxak80k3mybsw/Plan-G3.2.2.165.zip?dl=0

Tim. @TimArnot

Der Rote Baron

Sadly the issue still exists. Here is the new log:

tim arnot

It's throwing a different error, and looks like it's having general problems.
Try deleting the database file (D:\Eigene Dateien\Eigene Programmdateien\Plan-G Files\Data\PlanG3_XPX.sdf) and rebooting before having another go.

Tim. @TimArnot

Gunichou

Hello all.
Same problem for me with the database size. When i launch i can see database going on 262 Mb and Plan G stop making database without any error message.
In the log i can see I've a problem with database size exceeded.
Quote[ Required Max Database Size (in MB; 0 if unknown) = 257 ]
Plan G  uninstalled.  SQL server CE  updated. MyDocument folder deleted.  Xplane 11 updated  and  customs sceneries uninstalled...