News:

Main Menu

ils not displayed on map

Started by bajoxfy, January 03, 2018, 01:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bajoxfy

I have used Plan-G 3.11 previously and ils 'feathers' displayed on the map. After some time away from flightsim, a new computer and much reinstalling I downloaded the 3.2 version, but cannot get the ils 'feathers' to display on this version. Has it changed in this regard, or, more likely, I am doing something wrong.
Any help to sort this will be much appreciated.
Cheers
bajoxfy

dempsey

Just a few obvious things to check:

• Map --> ILS/LOC should be checked
  • View --> Map Overlays should be checked
  • If still not success then try: File --> Options --> General --> Reset Tool Windows and restart Plan-G
Dempsey

X-Plane 11.25, Plan-G 3.2.1.151

Tight Git

Since the OP hasn't come back, can I join this thread with a similar problem?

I also have missing ILS "feathers" on the PlanG map, but only at KJFK.

The other two major New York airports have the ILS shown correctly.

So, a basic question:

Where are these ILS "feathers" generated, please?

(Note, KJFK ILS works properly, as I can autoland the PMDG 747 there.)

tim arnot

Is this an addon version of JFK? And for what sim?

Tim. @TimArnot

Tight Git

Yes, it's from FSDreamTeam and I use FSX.

Thanks.

tim arnot

Ok, I see they have a demo version. I'll download it and take a look. It'll probably be a few days . . .

Tim. @TimArnot

Tight Git

tim arnot

Installed the FSDT KJFK demo and rebuilt the database ILS feathers display perfectly.

The installer did say it was updating the main bgl file, so maybe yours is out of date? Worth checking for updates anyhow.

Tim. @TimArnot

Tight Git

Many thanks Mr Arnot for looking into my problem so quickly.

I'm a pensioner with only a basic computer knowledge and, in my ignorance, had no idea I had to run the PlanG database when I added anything to FSX.

(I must have done it when first installed, but that was nearly two years ago...)

A further complication is that I run the map on a laptop, along side my desktop where FSX is displayed.

Anyway, I'll see if I can figure it and hope not to trouble you further.

Thanks again.

tim arnot

Install Plan-G on your FS PC and build the database from that. You can then copy the database files (My Documents\Plan-G Files\Data) across to the laptop.

Tim. @TimArnot