News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

v0.8.1.389 Script Errors

Started by JCWohlschlag, December 19, 2009, 04:47:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JCWohlschlag

I recently found Plan-G (which is pretty much a Godsend to us simmers, by the way), however I am encountering multiple script errors when trying to run it. Upon starting the application, the following script errors appear, second after the first:

As soon as the mouse cursor enters into the Plan-G window, the following script error appears:

Trying to resize the Plan-G window results in another script error like the first one above. As it stands, Plan-G is unusable (as I cannot even get to the database building stage) on my system right now, which is unfortunate.

This is the Plan-G_Log.txt file in case it helps:
23:17:38 PlanG constructor
23:17:38 executableFolder: C:\Users\*****\Downloads\Plan-G_0.8.1\Plan-G
23:17:39 Starting Plan-G, build 0.8.1.389
23:17:39 FS9 is installed
23:17:39 FSX is installed
23:17:39 Selected data set is FSX
23:17:39 Starting map
23:17:39 Initialisation complete.
23:17:40 Exception plotting NDBs: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: No value given for one or more required parameters.
   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextErrorHandling(OleDbHResult hr)
   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextForSingleResult(tagDBPARAMS dbParams, Object& executeResult)
   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandText(Object& executeResult)
   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommand(CommandBehavior behavior, Object& executeResult)
   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReaderInternal(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)
   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReader()
   at Plan_G.DataAccess.GetNDBInBounds(Double n, Double s, Double e, Double w, Boolean fsx)
   at Plan_G.MapHandler.PlotNDBs(Double north, Double south, Double east, Double west)
   at Plan_G.MapHandler.PlotOverlayElements(Double north, Double south, Double east, Double west, Double centreLat, Double centreLng, Single zoom)
23:17:40 Exception plotting airspace: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Plan_G.MapHandler.PlotVORs(Double north, Double south, Double east, Double west)
   at Plan_G.MapHandler.PlotOverlayElements(Double north, Double south, Double east, Double west, Double centreLat, Double centreLng, Single zoom)

My operating system is Windows Vista Home Premium x64 with Service Pack 2. I do have .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed. My version of Internet Explorer is 8.0.6001.18865.

Let me know if there is any other information you would like me to provide or debug procedures to perform. Thanks!

tim arnot

What language/region is your version of Windows set to?

Tim. @TimArnot

JCWohlschlag

Quote from: tim arnot on December 19, 2009, 09:23:59 AM
What language/region is your version of Windows set to?
English/United States

tim arnot

Ok.
The first two errors seem to be suggesting that Google Maps isn't starting properly. The errors are occuring deep within google, and unfortunately are not very diagnostic in terms of figuring out what's causing them. The third error and the exception in the log are fallout from that.

Do you actually see a map appear, or do you just get a grey window?

One thing you can try is opening the google.html file directly in IE8 (right click on the file and select Open With... Internet Explorer). You should see a map of the Southern UK appear...

Tim. @TimArnot

JCWohlschlag

Quote from: tim arnot on December 19, 2009, 12:44:44 PM
Do you actually see a map appear, or do you just get a grey window?
This is the window that appears for me.

Strangely, if I try to resize the window in any way that changes the map size (or simply put the mouse inside the map area as mentioned earlier), I receive the third script error window shown in my first post (http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/7052/scripterror3.png). If I dare hit the maximize button, I receive a steady stream of said script error windows, and have to actually kill the Plan-G process to dig myself out of that hole.

Quote from: tim arnot on December 19, 2009, 12:44:44 PM
One thing you can try is opening the google.html file directly in IE8 (right click on the file and select Open With... Internet Explorer). You should see a map of the Southern UK appear...
That works as expected, with a Google Map centered around London, Birmingham, and Bristol. However, I do note that there is an "Error on Page" notice in the bottom left on the status bar. (The significance of the error notice in regards to Plan-G is only something I can speculate on, but it is an observation I made.)

tim arnot

Try this script file: It's got some more logging and error trapping, so if it doesn't fix it, it might at least give a better idea of the problem.

I have to go out now, but I'll try to look in later this afternoon, if I can get a signal.

Tim. @TimArnot