News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Stumped

Started by ek1, February 01, 2018, 09:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ek1

Hi,
  I'm totally stumped !! First of all I hate networking !! I have a registered copy of both Wide FS and FSUIPC, read the manuals and ended up with nothing but a headache. Read the posts about simconnect config, didn't help LOL, I have 2 desktop PCs one running W10 Home (Plan G} the other W10 Pro ( FSX ) For security Bitdefender Total Security 2018. HELP Please  :-\

cbe0004

Turning off your firewall on both computers and test. If it works then turn your firewall back on and open the port

ek1

sorry, this doesn't help, 'I'm totally lost

tim arnot

Ok, lets go through this step by step.

1. Run FSX and start a flight. Does it say in the title bar "Flight Simulator X with WideServer: waiting for clients"? (this may take a few moments)
If yes, go to step 2.
If no, you have not correctly installed FSUIPC. Install/reinstall it.

2. On your second PC, run WideClient.Does the FSX title bar change from "waiting for clients" to "1 connected"?
If yes, go to step 3
If no, you have a networking problem. Make sure that FSX and WideClient are not being blocked by antivirus or firewall. Also, please attach the log files from FSUIPC (in FSX\Modules) and from WideClient (in the folder containing WideClient.exe)

3. Run Plan-G on the PC with WideClient. Check the Connection settings and make sure FSUIPC is selected. Then click the Connect button. Plan-G should now connect to FSX.

Tim. @TimArnot

ek1

Thanks Tim, I'll get to work on this. BTW great program. Now if I can get this to work

ek1

Well got the network issue resolved

ek1

Hi Tim,
   I was able to get the database built. When I launch FSX I get waiting for clients, set up a flight I then launch Wide FS, then Plan G. Nothing connects. All virus and firewall settings are correct as far as I Know, attached the log files from FSUIPC, WideFS and plan G.

Thanks,
  ED

ek1

tim arnot

Ok, so far as I can tell, Plan-G successfully connects to WideClient, but WideClient does not connect to the FSUIPC server. Both FSUIPC and WideClient appear to be up to date and appropriate to the sim version. Building a Plan-G database is not relevant to this problem.

I'm not an expert in FSUIPC, but here are some thoughts from the FSUIPC support forum:

* Check that your Windows workgroup name is the same on both PCs: broadcasts stay in one workgroup
* You may need to add the ServerName or ServerIPaddr and the protocol parameters to the WideClient.INI, as instructed in the user guide (in the section with the red text heading asking everyone to read it!)

Tim. @TimArnot