News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Unable to load into laptop

Started by FlyCivil, February 11, 2018, 11:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlyCivil

I have Plan G working on my mainframe but wish to use it on my Lenovo ideapad 500 laptop with W10.  I have downloaded it but it will not open correctly.  It puts up the frame only of the opening screen and freezes with no data within the frame - see attachment. Downloaded version 3.0.2.144.  I have tried it with no security devices or firealls and that makes no difference.  I do have Dot.net on board.  Any ideas
Fly Civil

tim arnot

I've never known a situation where Setup didn't run. All I can really suggest is to try downloading the file again, in case it got corrupted somehow. And if that fails, try running Windows in safe mode.

Tim. @TimArnot

FlyCivil

Set up does run.  It is when set up tries to start the programme that the window opens with the top bar and freezes.  The same thing happens when I click on the shortcut or try to start from the file iteslf.

It will however start in Safe Mode however that is not a lot of use.  I have tried compatability modes and nothing changes the situation.  Any other thoughts?

dempsey

Try to run the installed program with Administrator privileges and see what happens. I don't have W10 so cannot really help very much.
Dempsey

X-Plane 11.25, Plan-G 3.2.1.151

FlyCivil

FlyCivil

This is the event log that indicates the issue is solvable but I have no idea how!  Anyone understand this?
Regards
FlyCivil

FlyCivil

Here is another more understadable (possibly) printout that someone might get a clue from.  If so I would be delighted to hear.
I have tried turning off all security programmes and that makes no diffeence either.

Regards

FlyCivil

tim arnot

I've googled around, and found a way to fix the problem, although it is a little complicated. The best-explained set of instructions I found is here: http://www.itexperience.net/2017/01/13/event-id-10016-fix-the-application-specific-permission-settings-do-not-grant-local-activation-permission-for-the-com-server-application-with-clsid/

I haven't tried it myself, or experienced the problem either, for that matter. So I'm afraid it's proceed at your own risk, although all you're doing is updating security permissions for one of the built-in worker accounts. It shouldn't have any knock-on in terms of general Internet security.

Nowhere have I found any explanation as to why the problem happens or what causes it. So I'm still in the dark regarding that aspect.

Hope it helps, and if you do try, let us know how you get on.

Tim. @TimArnot

FlyCivil

Thanks for this information.  I have followed the instructions to the letter but it hs not worked.  I note however that the event log calls for the use of LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19).  This reference does not appear in the options for access permissions under the Runtime Broker.  That has a different SID reference.  I will once again try to fully uninstall Plan-G and then try again.  I am not sure  if it safe to delete the Runtime Broker as I believe this is a vital W10 file.  I will also compare with my computer on which it does work.  If I find anything I will let you know.
Regards
FlyCivil