News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Plan G and Flight Planner in P3Dv4.1

Started by bobbykins, February 21, 2018, 04:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbykins

Hi all -now migrating to P3Dv4.1 and W10 from FSX after several years and all is good.
However , having created a flight plan in Plan G it saves as a PLG into the C\Docs \Plan G files, not the P3Dv4 files. When I click "export" in Plan G the flight plan appears as a PLN file in the same files but , again, not in the P3Dv4 files
Activating the flight planner and clicking load (the flight plan exported from Plan G) I see that in the "available flight Plans" box the Browse advisory directory is ---- C\users\name\DocumentsPrepar3Dv4\ files.
But when I look into this file to select it there are no Plan G flight plans in there.
In fact, using the browser button in the flight planner does not reveal any flight plans anywhere!!
So, have the Plan G files been stored correctly or should they have gone into the Docs\P3Dv4 files? If not how can I redirect them to the P3Dv4 files?
If they are stored in the correct Docs\Plan G files then how do I change the directory advice in the flight planner "Available Flight Plans " box.
Now I could use the Plan G flight plan on its own for flights but I would like to get using the default GPS unit but this will not work without a flight plan being loaded.
Am I missing something here? Is it a Plan G issue?
Help would be appreciated
Bobbykins

tim arnot

Change directory in the Export File dialog - it's a standard Windows save dialog with all the usual facilities. The difference from FSX is that P3Dv4 plans go in My Documents\P3d v4 Files instead of My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files.

Within P3D, to load a flight plan from a different folder, click Load, then Browse.

Tim. @TimArnot

bobbykins

Hi Tim --thanks for the prompt reply and with your input I simply moved an existing PLN folder from the Plan G folder  to the correct one. I also made sure that the path was set properly in the Export box. Went to the Flight Planner, I can see the available flights "on the board", click on the one I want and it loads in the flight planner and GPS, all the connections are made between P3D and the Plan G and away we go. I have now produced several plans as further trials and all seems to work as it did before in FSX.
But, for some reason, if I try to locate the flight using the browse button and scroll down the window that is presented, it does not appear in any of the folders .
Never mind for the mo. as it is working  and I will ponder more, unless you have any other suggestions.
Now ,all I need to get working properly (without Spadnext! ) is the radio panels, (I am in dialogue with Logitech) but I am not totally lost as your pop up panels to tune the radios have worked really well for me in the past and it seems that they will be getting a lot more use in the near future.
Many thanks.
Bobbykins