News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Winds and Flight Plan

Started by triflyman, March 12, 2018, 01:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

triflyman

Starting 3rd flight with Plan-G and found if I have Plan G connected to P3D V4.x (using AS4) and hit the "Winds" icon, I only get the airport winds, that my aircraft is a,t on the whole flight plan route...if I try to put in my average winds it changes in the Flight Plan for about 1/2 second and then goes back to the local airport wind.  However, once I'm in the air Plan G starts to update the winds...which does me no good in trying to plan for my fuel usage.  I experimented with it and found that if I don't connect Plan - G to the sim and put in the average winds, from AS4, it will accept that information...so that's, at least, a work around.  Since I track my ETA and ATA for each leg of a flight plan having it update only after I leave the ground does me no good as I have printed the flight plan while on the ground.

So my question is:  Am I doing something wrong?  What I need is to have Plan - G use the winds for each leg while I'm on the ground...is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

tim arnot

In Options->Weather, uncheck Update Local. That'll  stop it from overwriting your preset value.

Tim. @TimArnot