News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

3.2.1.151 Update

Started by tim arnot, March 19, 2018, 12:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucio1237

I installed 3.2.1 as Administrator and created the FSX database. I have Windows 10 and FSX-SE. No planes will display on the map. How can I fix this? 

tim arnot

Quote from: freded on March 31, 2018, 12:57:26 AM
Hi, Tim,
I'm still unable to make v.3.2.1.151 behave: it keeps freezing and not responding every time I do anything to it, e.g. just expanding the map range or selecting a different menu item is enough. The display freezes, the Information and FlghtPlan windows go blank, then come back one at a time and blank again. Finally the whole display will reappear - if I wait long enough (several minutes), only to not respond if I touch it...

I am so disappointed with it that I have tried to re-download the previous version, but your site won't let me do that. It insists I have to re-download 3.2.1.151 again. Is there some way of getting a previous version, which ran perfectly for me?

Regards,

Mark

Could you attach the log file please?

Previous version is here: http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/?wpdmpro=plan-g-v3-2-0-144

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

Quote from: lucio1237 on April 01, 2018, 08:16:25 PM
I installed 3.2.1 as Administrator and created the FSX database. I have Windows 10 and FSX-SE. No planes will display on the map. How can I fix this?

Did you reset your connection preferences?

Tim. @TimArnot

freded

Hi Tim,

"Could you attach the log file please?"

I cannot find the log file under the folder 'Plan-G v3.2.1'. Where should I look for it?
Regards,

Mark

lucio1237

Quote from: tim arnot on April 02, 2018, 02:19:30 PM
Quote from: lucio1237 on April 01, 2018, 08:16:25 PM

Did you reset your connection preferences?

Yes, I tried all the alternatives and none worked.

tim arnot

Quote from: freded on April 02, 2018, 10:20:50 PM
I cannot find the log file under the folder 'Plan-G v3.2.1'. Where should I look for it?

My Documents\Plan-G Files

Tim. @TimArnot

freded

Quote from: tim arnot on April 03, 2018, 09:48:34 AM
Quote from: freded on April 02, 2018, 10:20:50 PM

My Documents\Plan-G Files

Tim,

I cannot see how to attach the (7.2 MB) Plan-G_Log.txt to this posting. The icons do not refer to Inserting a file, only a Flash, an Image, a Hyperlink, an Email and a FTP Link.

In any case, I have uninstalled v. 3.2.1 and reverted to v. 3.2.0.144, which is working perfectly.

Regards,

Mark
Regards,

Mark

tim arnot

Click the "+" next to Additional options, and there is a section, "Attach" . . .

Tim. @TimArnot

ananda

I still can't get "Move FS aircraft to here" to work.

Error is:

Application: Plan-G3.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: BeatlesBlog.SimConnect.SimConnect+SimConnectException
   at BeatlesBlog.SimConnect.SimConnect+DataStructureManager.ParseType(System.Type, DataStructType, UInt32)
   at BeatlesBlog.SimConnect.SimConnect+DataStructureManager.RegisterDataStructure(System.Type, DataStructType)
   at BeatlesBlog.SimConnect.SimConnect.SetDataOnSimObject(UInt32, BeatlesBlog.SimConnect.SIMCONNECT_DATA_SET_FLAG, System.Object)
   at Plan_G3.Model.bb_SimConnect.SetPlaneLatLon(Double, Double)
   at Plan_G3.ViewModel.MainViewModel.MoveAircraft_Executed()
   at Plan_G3.ViewModel.MainViewModel.<.ctor>b__1257_153()
   at GalaSoft.MvvmLight.Command.RelayCommand.Execute(System.Object)
   at MS.Internal.Commands.CommandHelpers.CriticalExecuteCommandSource(System.Windows.Input.ICommandSource, Boolean)
   at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
   at Plan_G3._Main.Main()

tim arnot

The crash is internal to the simconnect library, which is unsupported (one reason why I switched to a new L-M library for P3D). You could try connecting through FSUIPC instead, but unfortunately there's nothing I can do to handle or fix crashes in the old library. (and the P3D simconnect library is not backwards compatible with FSX)

Tim. @TimArnot

ananda

Doesn't FSUIPC only work locally?

I am running Plan-G on a networked computer.

Skyhawk_Kid

Hi Tim,

Is it possible for your next update to include a button on the Home Toolbar that Clears the Breadcrumb Trail (normally under File|Options|Breadcrumb Trail|Clear).

Quite often I am practicing circuits and using Plan-G to see where I can improve on these.  Its fairly hard to do a touch and go, keep flying, and use the mouse on the other screen to reset the trail.

Thanks in advance if this is all possible

Cheers
Rick

tim arnot

I'll add it to the list.

Tim. @TimArnot

Fcois

Hello,

Problem: airports (Large, Medium, Small etc ...) VOR, NDB, ILS / Loc etc ... etc ... are not displayed on the map and whatever the level of zoom.

The database of FSX has been generated.

In the "Search" function of the Home ribbon, the ICAO codes of AĆ©rorports, VOR, lNDB etc ... are present in the corresponding windows.

Where can this problem come from?

Thank you

tim arnot

Can you attach the log? Thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot