News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

P3Dv4 problem building database

Started by FlyCivil, April 27, 2018, 05:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlyCivil

I have P3Dv4 running on a mainframe togethr with all scenery and the scenery.cfg file with PlanG on a laptop just installed. (Tim re the previous issue I reported I had to wipe the laptop and reinstall Plan G to get it to start up).   

I am able to Build a database for FSX across the network but not for P3Dv4.  On P3Dv4 the build runs for 1 second or so only.

The log states
6:49:16.1 <.ctor>b__0_0: System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot set Owner property to a Window that has been closed.
   at System.Windows.Window.set_Owner(Window value)
   at Plan_G3.Views.BuildDatabaseView.<.ctor>b__0_0(NotificationMessage`1 nm)
16:49:16.1 <.ctor>b__0_0: System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot set Owner property to a Window that has been closed.
16:49:16.1 <.ctor>b__0_0: System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot set Owner property to a Window that has been closed.
16:49:16.2 <.ctor>b__0_0: System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot set Owner property to a Window that has been closed.
16:49:16.2 <.ctor>b__0_0: System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot set Owner property to a Window that has been closed.

The log them says

16:49:33.4 Scanning Scenery.cfg (\\WINDOWS-10\Prepar3D v4\Scenery.cfg)
16:49:33.9 Index: 190 Active: TRUE Title: \ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS
16:49:33.9 Scanning folder 190: \ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS
16:49:33.9 Directory error: Could not find a part of the path '\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery'.

for each and every scenery entry. although the address is correct.

I tried modifying the .cfg by adding the full address to the scenery but it made no difference.

Anyone any advice?

FlyCivil

tim arnot

Looks like an odd error - don't think I've seen that before. Have you tried building the database on the FS PC and copying it across to the laptop? - that's always the recommended procedure.

Tim. @TimArnot

FlyCivil

I have built the database on the main computer and transferred it to the laptop.
I can make a connection using FSUIPC and see the maps with my plane positioned at the start point.  The plane however is not tracked so just stays at the start of the runway.  I have not yet been able to connect using Simconnect despite (I believe) following the manual.

Any help?

FlyCivil

I now appear to have control and communication between the main computer and the laptop with copied over P3D database.  Not sure what I did to facilitate it though!

I am able to build the database for FSX  on the laptop from data on the main but cannot do the same with P3D. 
Not yet tried XPlane.

Regards
FlyCivil

tim arnot

There are two varieties of Simconnect, one for P3D & the other for FSX. Possibly you had the wrong one selected. Or maybe you just rebooted - things quite often come together after a reboot.

Tim. @TimArnot