News:

Main Menu

i may have not been clear in my explanation

Started by sagamol, May 01, 2018, 11:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sagamol

I have a new computer. I installed FSX deluxe first. then I decided to install FSX SE, because of a activation problem with acceleration. so then I added scenery from Orbx, ( southern Germany) and flew around that scenery for a while to ensure it was working correctly. then I installed Plan-G v 3.2.1.151 and I had problems connection to fsx se. I installed FSUICP and it worked. I can now see my aircraft in Plan-G. and after building the database for FSX ( I did not get an option for FSX SE) none of the added airports in Orbx Southern Germany are showing up. I still have FSX Deluxe on my computer. How do I add the Orbx scenery to display on my Plan-G???

Dieter

Did you correctly fill out the paths to your simulator and the related scenery.cfg?
Have a look here:
File/Options/Locations

You also have look here:
Map/Then check/activate the necessary sizes (Large, medium, Small and so on) of airfields you want to get displayed.

After doing so rebuild database again

Dieter

sagamol

thank you for the reply. the scenery is active in my FSX-SE. not sure what you mean by path. if its an active scenery, why won't it built the database from FSX-SE?

Dieter

PlanG doesn't read your active scenerycfg unless you tell PlanG where to find it.
So again, go to:
Tab File/Options/Locations
There you will see:
FSX Program: Browse your installation for the path
The same you do for:
FSX Scenery.cfg:

or follow the manual 8.9 Options

Dieter

sagamol

i'm sorry, I am not getting it. I clicked on  FILE-OPTION-LOCATION-BROWSE under FSX Scenery.cfg and pointed to  c:\Programfiles (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\FSX and nothing happend..what am I not understanding..GRRRR. I wish I was more literate with computers...

Dieter

Well, I don't have FSX:SE, but normally the active scenery.cfg is under C:\App Data\Roaming\Microsft\FSX folder.
Btw, \AppData is an unvisible folder so you have to "show hidden files and folders" at the folder and search options.

tim arnot

Quote from: Dieter on May 03, 2018, 08:32:44 AM
Well, I don't have FSX:SE, but normally the active scenery.cfg is under C:\App Data\Roaming\Microsft\FSX folder.
Btw, \AppData is an unvisible folder so you have to "show hidden files and folders" at the folder and search options.

That's the boxed FSX. Steam Edition has its own cfg file: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE\ (note: this is a hidden folder)

Tim. @TimArnot

sagamol

this is what I found in Appdata for FSX-SE

Dieter

You are looking in the wrong folder (your screenshot shows C:\Users\Tom\AppData)
For scenery.cfg you should go to: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE
(as Tim wrote in his posting)

sagamol

thank you, I FINALLY got the scenery cfg to accept the path and its now listed in Plan_g location tab. but I can't get the FSX Program tab to accept the path.

Dieter

Ok, one step done!
As I already pointed out, I don't have the Steam edition. You might search your installation for fsx.exe.
Maybe Tim will answer again.

sagamol

Vielen Dank Dieter für Deine Hilfe. Ich hab schon ein paar mal nach dem FSX exe gesucht, und habs auch gefunden. Manchmal denke ich auch, we kompliziert haben die den Windows 10 gemacht. so ein glomp. hoffentlich kriege ich das ding ins lot und kann wieder normal simmen. nochmals danke fir deine Post!
Thomas