News:

Main Menu

Intersections

Started by Bruceb, December 21, 2009, 04:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruceb

How do I get the map to display intersections (like you have with the FS Navigator map)?  I only seem to have VORs , NDBs and user waypoints

Thanks

Bruceb

tim arnot

Intersections will be supported in 0.9, due at the end of the month. But for now, there are user files in The Reporting Point that contain major intersections for a number of countries.

Tim. @TimArnot

Bruceb

Thanks.  FSNavigator also had this very neat feature whereby you could click on any point on the map and add it as a waypoint to a flight plan.  You could also drag these custom waypoints as you wished.  The heading and distance between waypoints is also displayed.  This means you could produce your own GPS approaches with waypoints lined up to runways at say 2, 5 an 10 miles.  If this sort of functionality was added Plan-G would come very close to being the FSNavigator replacement many flight simmers have been waiting for.

Bruceb

mikegogs

Most of this is already in Plan-G Bruce.  You can create user waypoints with a right click on the map, then add them to your plan in various ways, and headings/distances between points are available in the plan expander pane.

John Lygo

The default FSX waypoints are available fron Avsim.

Bruceb

Thanks, I have them now.

Bruceb