News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Not all airports show up...!?

Started by Timmy74, May 30, 2018, 09:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim arnot

Yes. That's the one that contains all the FSX path references.

Tim. @TimArnot

Timmy74

Quote from: tim arnot on June 14, 2018, 10:10:53 PM
Yes. That's the one that contains all the FSX path references.

Hello Tim,

Sorry I am really really confused here....!?  All I want to do is run P3D and thus only have Plan-G running from my P3D data.   

My issue is when I build the Plan-G data from "only" my P3D scenery.cfg file I get no airports and VOR/NDB showing at all on my map.  I only get my "addon scenery" entries to show on the map. *second error log posted.

However if I place my FSX scenry.cfg file in there too I get everything showing....!?!?  Minus a few discrepancies....!?  *first error log posted

Again I would like to only run P3D now -due to I have more data and addons in my P3D than I do my FSX- so how do I get my Plan-G to read correctly all of my P3D data???

You stated "I think you need to check your cfg file and make sure all the paths are valid. Then hopefully it should find all your airports".  How would I go about doing this please?  All I have done is installed P3D as per instructions and followed Plan-G install instructions so I do not understand how i have "copied one over from FSX to P3D"!?!  Also how does one get a "corrupted scenery.cfg file" -as you have stated that maybe the issue- and how would I go about fixing this please?

Regards,
Tim.

tim arnot

The scenery.cfg file that Plan-G is reading to populate your P3D database contains lots of invalid paths to FSX data. I quoted an example of one of the missing files.

Since the vast majority of errors are  ORBX addons, One thing you should do is run the ORBX FTX Central 3 app and make sure you have everything there installed for P3D.

Tim. @TimArnot

Dieter

@Timmy
have a look in your own attached Plan-G_Log.txt" and search for "error".
You will see that dozens (maybe a hundred, I didn't count) of your sceneries are not found in the given path 
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ xxxxxxx

Dieter

Timmy74

Quote from: Dieter on June 18, 2018, 08:08:56 AM
@Timmy
have a look in your own attached Plan-G_Log.txt" and search for "error".
You will see that dozens (maybe a hundred, I didn't count) of your sceneries are not found in the given path 
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ xxxxxxx

Dieter

Hello Dieter,

I am aware of that due to Tim pointing it out, but thank you for pointing out again.  So why is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ xxxxxxx" coming up at all when i only pick the P3D paths....!?! 

Timmy74

Quote from: tim arnot on June 17, 2018, 04:19:38 PM
The scenery.cfg file that Plan-G is reading to populate your P3D database contains lots of invalid paths to FSX data. I quoted an example of one of the missing files.

Since the vast majority of errors are  ORBX addons, One thing you should do is run the ORBX FTX Central 3 app and make sure you have everything there installed for P3D.

Hello Tim,

Thank you for quoting the missing files...I did see that.   I have run FTX Central v3 app many times. Especially when there is an update or if I have purchased an new product from them. I actually bought some stuff from them just the other week. How do I "check" to see if the entries are installed in P3D for I always click on the "Lockheed Martin P3Dv3" tab each and every time that I load ORBX FTX Central v3 app!?!?  Are you telling me that it is not installing these products into my P3D hard drive?? I run P3D on a separate hard drive all together and I have FTX Central v3 pointed at that drive. Inside my P3Dv3 folder I have an ORBX folder which has ALL of my Orbx products in there....  I know they are there because when I load P3D I can go to ANY ORBX airport/region and they load perfectly?

I am just really confused why this does not work and why does the Orbx error logs point to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X" when i don't even point Plan-G there to build the data base!?! Also I do not even have FSX on my C:\ drive!! I use to many moons ago. I had uninstalled FSX ages ago and reinstalled it on my F:\ Drive and I have P3D on my E:\ Drive...!?

Cheers,
Tim.

tim arnot

Sorry for the delay - it's been "one of those months"!

What I can say for sure is that Plan-G is looking for the scenery on the c: drive. Plan-G gets its information from the scenery.cfg. You can also specify additional places for it to look in the Database Build Options dialog. You should check that any paths you might have specified there are valid.

You may also have duplicate copies of scenery.cfg that point to old data. It's possible that Plan-G might have found one such.

Tim. @TimArnot