News:

Main Menu

Not all airports show up...!?

Started by Timmy74, May 30, 2018, 09:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timmy74

Hello TA,

I have decided to upgrade -and start from scratch- to the latest version of Plan-G. Thank you very much. I have decided not to use FSX anymore and just use P3Dv3.4 instead. I have built the data base but i do not get ALL airports showing on the map!?!  I have ALL airports turned on from zoom 8 plus... but the map seems to be very sparse compared to the old 3.1.2 version of Plan-G that I had installed!?

Eg: A lot of Orbx airports don't show.  I have copied all of my old .csv files over and all of my "addon scenery" show up. However, like I have explained a lot of Large/Medium/small airstrips don't show no mater what zoom level I am in....?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Tim.

Timmy74

Okay..... After some more investigating for some reason the data base will not include or install any of my Orbx products.  I have found that I need to go to the "Additional Scenery Locations" and "Add" each and every "scenery" file of Orbx to get airports to show up...!?!

Is this correct?  If so....it is going to be a VERY large and tedious effort to do something that the old version did with no worries.

Or have I done something wrong somewhere?  Not sure why ALL of my OZx scenery gets loaded and ALL of my RTMM scenery gets loaded too?  Basically everything -except Orbx and any airports outside of Orbx regions- gets loaded and appears on Plan-G..?

I am at a loss?

Dieter

See under tab "Map":
- did you check: Large-Medium-Small-Helipads-FloatPlane Bese-Farm Strips (and others if necessary)?

Timmy74

Quote from: Dieter on May 31, 2018, 07:47:56 AM
See under tab "Map":
- did you check: Large-Medium-Small-Helipads-FloatPlane Bese-Farm Strips (and others if necessary)?

Hello Dieter.

Do you mean do I have all the Map tabs "ticked" to show Large-Medium-Small-Helipads-FloatPlane Base and Farm Strips....?

Timmy74

Quote from: Dieter on May 31, 2018, 12:12:37 PM
Yes!

Hello Dieter,

I believe I stated that in my opening post...." I have ALL airports turned on from zoom 8 plus... but the map seems to be very sparse compared to the old 3.1.2 version of Plan-G that I had installed!?".

Sorry but maybe that was near clear enough!? 

Yes I do have ALL boxes ticked to show Large-Medium-Small-Helipads-FloatPlane Base and Farm Strips from zoom 8+.

Cheers,
Tim.

Timmy74

I have gone ahead and unistalled plan-g and reinstalled it again.

I build the data base -because that is the only option you have- for P3D only.  I can see that all of my addon scenery is being installed -very quick list flashing as green bar goes from right to left.....  After completion I go to the "Map" tab and ALL airports and the such are ticked from zoom 7 through to 10 which is default.

However, when I zoom in and out NO airports show up what so ever!?!?  Only the airports that were installed from my addon scenery library...  Not even my Orbx airports show!?

I am really confused...!??  I have the correct path for P3D.exe and the P3D scenery.cfg files in the "Files/options/locations" part of the program.

What else could I do to make this work correctly please?

Regards,
Tim.

Dieter

When I zoom to "6" tere are no airports displayed in my PlanG installation, too. From "8" on airports are to be seen.
Maybe Tim will en explanation.

dieter

Timmy74

Quote from: Dieter on June 01, 2018, 04:32:49 PM
When I zoom to "6" tere are no airports displayed in my PlanG installation, too. From "8" on airports are to be seen.
Maybe Tim will en explanation.

dieter

Hello Dieter,

Thanks again for your reply. I am wondering if you have FSX database installed on your Plan-G? 

I went ahead and installed my FSX database into Plan-G and ALL the airports now show. As well as ALL VOR/NDB's....!?!  On a side note though....there is a discrepancy in what shows on the map when you click between "FSX" and P3D" icons....!?!  Should they not show the same information...!?

I am wondering why P3D does not install the airports and if it is 100% requirement to have the FSX database installed too for Plan-G to work as it should???  So then what happens if you do not want to run FSX anymore -just like me- and just use P3D...!?

Anyhow, like you said hopefully Tim can chime in and set the record straight for me?

Regards,
Tim.

Dieter

Well, I have FSX and P3Dv4.2 installed and I built the databases for both simulators. My FSX and P3D installations are different. In FSX I have much more additional freeware scenery enhancements installed so my "Display Data" for FSX and P3D are of course different but everything is displayed on the map.

Dieter

tim arnot

Timmy, please attach your log file for the database build, and we can see what's happening. Thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot

Timmy74

Quote from: tim arnot on June 02, 2018, 10:38:03 AM
Timmy, please attach your log file for the database build, and we can see what's happening. Thanks.

Hello Tim,

Thank you for your assistance. Please find attached my data log.

It now has FSX in there too. However, i would like to only run P3D data on my Plan-G from now on.

Cheers,
Tim.

Timmy74

Hello Tim,

Please find attached my Plan-G log for "P3D only".   

Does this look correct....?

Cheers,
Tim.

tim arnot

Sorry for the delay - I wasn't able to get onto the forum for a few days.

Looking at the log, it seems like there's maybe a corrupted scenery.cfg file, or you've copied one over from FSX to P3D - there's no end of references to an FSX program folder, which it fails to find. Consequently much of the data doesn't get read.

14:18:55.0 Directory error: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_CAX6\Scenery'.

I think you need to check your cfg file and make sure all the paths are valid. Then hopefully it should find all your airports.

Tim. @TimArnot

Timmy74

Quote from: tim arnot on June 09, 2018, 08:59:12 PM
Sorry for the delay - I wasn't able to get onto the forum for a few days.

Looking at the log, it seems like there's maybe a corrupted scenery.cfg file, or you've copied one over from FSX to P3D - there's no end of references to an FSX program folder, which it fails to find. Consequently much of the data doesn't get read.

14:18:55.0 Directory error: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_CAX6\Scenery'.

I think you need to check your cfg file and make sure all the paths are valid. Then hopefully it should find all your airports.

Hello Tim,

Thank you for your time and having a look.

I was wondering if you had a look at my "P3D only" log...?   I really do not want to run FSX anymore and would only like to build the data base from my P3D scenery.cfg file....

Cheers,
tim.