News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

New Machine...New build.

Started by Timmy74, August 15, 2018, 11:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timmy74

Hello Tim,

I want to build a whole new machine and only run P3Dv4.3 on it.  So if you could answer a couple of questions for me that would be greatly appreciated.

Can I run Plan-G on this machine without having to installing FSX? 

Can I run P3D on another drive rather than C: drive? 

Will I have to add each and every one of my add-on scenery's if I have P3D on another drive than the C: drive?

What would the complications be if I did not have FSX installed?

What would the complications be if I did not have P3D installed on the C: drive?

Can the DATABASE be built -without issue- if I install P3D on another drive rather than the C: drive?

Will the DATABASE be built if I do not have FSX installed?

Thank you for your time.

Cheers,
Tim.

tim arnot

Hey Timmy,

I've just done exactly that on a new laptop (cos I can't work at my desk due to health issues)

Yes
Yes. Mine is installed on D:
Possibly. Although you may have to reinstall them anyway. I look on this as an opportunity to dump old addons I no longer want (or to install things I didn't install last time). Fresh install is always a clean install.
You would have to tell Plan-G what sim to build for
Some links may not work for copied addons
Yes. Just tell Plan-G what sim to build for, it will find it.

Tip: If you still have an old install of Plan-G, copy the Plan-G Files\Data folder over, it'll save you having to do the initial data build (you can then just rebuild the P3D data set at your leisure)

Tim. @TimArnot

Timmy74

Quote from: tim arnot on August 16, 2018, 01:58:21 PM
Hey Timmy,

I've just done exactly that on a new laptop (cos I can't work at my desk due to health issues)

Yes
Yes. Mine is installed on D:
Possibly. Although you may have to reinstall them anyway. I look on this as an opportunity to dump old addons I no longer want (or to install things I didn't install last time). Fresh install is always a clean install.
You would have to tell Plan-G what sim to build for
Some links may not work for copied addons

Tip: If you still have an old install of Plan-G, copy the Plan-G Files\Data folder over, it'll save you having to do the initial data build (you can then just rebuild the P3D data set at your leisure)

Hello Tim,

Thank you very much for the reply and answers to my questions.   I am taking the plunge on the new rig tomorrow and am so more comfortable with the purchase now from your input.

A fresh start will be done so i have no mix ups like I have had of late!?!

I truly hope you are on the mend ( I was not aware you have not been well) and that you will be doing cartwheels before you know it.

Thank you again for all of your help and assistance....always.

Kindest regards,
Tim.