News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Unable to build P3D Database

Started by macca22au, October 17, 2018, 01:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macca22au

I have v3.2 of Plan G, and in the build database settings I have set the path to P3D4.exe. and the P3D4 scenery.cfg (from program Data).  The Database build goes quickly through a number of categories, but fails at about 2/3 of the way through 30388 runways every time. 
I have never got past this point with the blue circle on the mouse pointer turning endlessly.
Do I lack patience, or maybe something is corrupted?
Should I download the latest version, (which I think I have), uninstall the previous and reinstall.  I know this is very simple but there is no point doing this if the problem lies elsewhere.

macca22au

I did the straightfoward thing, uninstalled my present version, downloaded and installed the latest variant...and all is well.  The database built correctly.  Thanks for your help.

tim arnot

Some of the data changes in the latest version of P3D caused problems with earlier versions of Plan-G. It's always a good idea to make sure you're running the latest version :)

Tim. @TimArnot