News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Generation of database for FSX failed

Started by GeorgL, November 14, 2018, 06:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgL

Halli,

first thanks for activation of my user :).
I have installed the latest version (runs without any problem), but when i try to create the
database, i always get an error :(. Looking into the log-file I see:

19:35:29.4 Route: System.TypeInitializationException: Der Typeninitialisierer für "ExtentPlaceholderCreator" hat eine Ausnahme verursacht. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Ein Aufrufziel hat einen Ausnahmefehler verursacht. ---> System.DllNotFoundException: Die DLL "SqlServerSpatial110.dll": Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden. (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x8007007E) kann nicht geladen werden.
   bei Microsoft.SqlServer.Types.GLNativeMethods.SetClrFeatureSwitchMap(Int32 clrFeatureSwitchMap)
   bei Microsoft.SqlServer.Types.SqlGeometry.IsValidExpensive()
   bei Microsoft.SqlServer.Types.SqlGeometry.Construct(GeoData g, Int32 srid)
   bei Microsoft.SqlServer.Types.SqlGeometry.GeometryFromText(OpenGisType type, SqlChars text, Int32 srid)
   bei Microsoft.SqlServer.Types.SqlGeometry.STGeomFromText(SqlChars geometryTaggedText, Int32 srid)
   bei Microsoft.SqlServer.Types.SqlGeometry.Parse(SqlString s)

several times. Looks like a database problem for me. OS is win10 (actual patchlevel). I saw that plan-g needs
dotnet 4.6.2.. When i try to download (with the link) from MS, I became 4.7.2. When i try to install this, windows
tells me that this is already installed. After searching a while I found 4.6.2 - lucky :), but when I try to install
windows tells me that there is a more actual version installed and it will not install 4.6.2.
What can I do?

have a nice evening and thank you for any tipps.
Georg

jank1

The  problem is not with .NET.  Had the same errormesage with a similar problem.
My problem was related to LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.simconnect.dll (32/64 bits version.)

Check your C:\windows\System32 folder for the files  sqlserverspatial.dll and  sqlserverspatial110.dll.
If they are missing, you  have to install them.  Don't ask med how.

GeorgL

Thank you for your fast answer.
SqlserverSpatial110.dll is in system32, but I can't find SqlServerSpatial.dll :(

I will try to find out where to get. Otherwise "I'll be back" :)

have an nice weekend
Georg

GeorgL

Hi,

now I followed two ideas which I found:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14265845/unable-to-load-sqlserverspatial-dll
http://dllyes.com/sqlserverspatial110-dll/
After doing that I try to generate the database again. I also installed Plan-G again.
Nothing has worked :(.

Any other ideas how to get this beautiful program work?

thanks for your help.
Georg

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

GeorgL

Great, that works!

Thanks a  lot tim
Georg

next thing is g-plan for FlightGear :)

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot