News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Thanks for a wonderful product!

Started by cvearl, December 22, 2009, 05:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cvearl

You have no idea how badly I wanted something like this.

Just a little trickier than I expected for connecting to  FSX. Had to use a SIMCONNECT configuration tool to make FSX "ready" to use SIMCONNECT. Not sure why it was not. Simple once I got the tool opened. Not sure how simple for others mind you. Unless it just worked for them.

I love this product. did I say that?

Over the network was a little tricky too. Unless I missed the step by step in the manual.

Basically I got Plan-G running on my main FSX box. Did the "build database" thing on fist startup so it would add the FSX items (airports, WP's nav aids and all that) overlay to the map so the Google Earth map would not be empty. That worked fine once FSX was talking but I was alt tabbing out alot to look at the map.

Then I understood I could network a computer to monitor my FSX in real time and show me my aircraft flying litterally over the map like a GPS. But I could not figure out how to get the FSX objects showing on the map on the laptop I was using. Last resort was I copied the Plan-G folder from my FSX box to my laptop deskop and ran it and connected and poof... It was perfect.

Great work!

Charles. 

tim arnot

Glag you have it sorted. I have P-G installed on a memory stick - that way I can run it pretty much anywhere...  :)

Tim. @TimArnot

cvearl

Quote from: tim arnot on December 22, 2009, 09:13:15 PM
Glag you have it sorted. I have P-G installed on a memory stick - that way I can run it pretty much anywhere...  :)

Hmm... Cool! :)

Wish I had some buddies as into FSX as me locally. It would freak them out for me to show them this. Just walk up and plug it into whatever computer in the building and let others watch the flight in Plan-G from across the room from a flash drive. They would think I was some kind of mastermind hacker dood.

All I would need to know quickly is the IP address of the target computer and the port in the Simconnect.XML file. :|)

Charles.