News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Windows not displaying

Started by Marco Metzgen, April 24, 2019, 08:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marco Metzgen

Hi Tim,

This is an old problem that had a solution, regrettably I have forgotten part of that solution.

I was originally working with several monitors and some of the windows (Plan, Plan elevation, Information, aerodrome, etc..) were moved.  Now that those monitors are gone, the windows don't display on my single monitor.

I believe I know where to go, but don't know what to look for and what to change (C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\TA_Software\Plan-G3\installed version number\).  Your help, as always, will be very much appreciated.

Marco

jank1

Take a look here:
https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/bring-misplaced-off-screen-windows-back-to-your-desktop-keyboard-trick/

This page is for Windows 7, but works in 10 with some small adjustments.
Many more webpages with help if you are searching for 'Roght-click Move'

Another page
https://www.technipages.com/bring-off-screen-window-back-onto-screen

JK

Marco Metzgen

@jank1: Thank you for your suggestions.  I'm afraid none of them worked.

On the other hand, I tinkered with the PlanG in the AppData folder and managed to get the "Info" window back by changing a couple of parameters on its corresponding line.  But, I'm unable to find the line corresponding to "Flight Plan" and "Plan Elevation" window.

Any help is very welcome.

Marco Metzgen

YEAH!!
Problem solved.. Found the culprits and reset their position.
They had a very high negative number; I can only assume it was because the monitor was left of the main....maybe.  I reset it to "0,0" and Presto!  8)

tim arnot

In Options, click "Reset Tool Windows". This will work for all the tool windows. If your main window is outside of the display, you're still in the position of needing to reset the config file.

Tim. @TimArnot