News:

Main Menu

additional scenery p3d database

Started by gazman, May 01, 2019, 12:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gazman

Hi

Can someone tell me what constitutes 'additional scenery' in relation to building the P3D database, please?

I use scenery.cfg for the P3D default folders plus all my ORBX regions, scenery and airports because FTX Central makes a pig's dinner of the file scenery order if I don't..

Everything else is added to P3D via the xml add-on method using Lorby's marvellous P3DAO tool. So I assume Plan G won't know about these?

Is it simply a case of adding the 'scenery' folder [if there is one] for every xml add-on?

ATM I've only added the 'scenery' folders of the ORBX regions, but I'm not sure I needed to do that if the regions are in scenery.cfg?

Also I assume everything has to be 'active' for inclusion in the database?

Finally - for what purpose does Plan G use the 'scenery' folders?

Thanks
Garry

tim arnot

Anything that you want included in the database, that isn't in either your Scenery.cfg file or Prepar3D V4 Add-ons folder. In the old days, that usually meant Orbx regions that weren't "active" since the region switcher swapped them out of the scenery.cfg. But that's no longer the case. Now it's pretty much limited to scenery you may have deactivated yourself.

Plan-G has supported P3D xml add-ons since 3.2.0.

Tim. @TimArnot