News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Build Database after install

Started by JimF117, June 11, 2019, 05:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimF117

I recently had to reinstall Plan-G 3.2.1. It installs ok, one drive is paused/disabled. The program files were installed on the local drive.
I installed under administrator and ran it under administrator. Onedrive was disabled/paused.
I then try to create a database for FSX. It came up with an error.
Attached error message and log.
Any help would be appreciated.

James Foutz
jlfoutz117@msn.com

JimF117

Fixed problem with "SqlServerSpatial110.dll". Copied file from SysWow64 folder to System32.
Now there is a new problem:
'ExtentPlaceholderCreator' threw an exception. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.EntryPointNotFoundException: Unable to find an entry point named 'SetClrFeatureSwitchMap' in DLL 'SqlServerSpatial110.dll'.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Plan-G worked before, why this now?

Current log attached.

tim arnot

I've not come across this error before, but fro googling around it seems to be to do with the version of Entity Framework on your PC. But it's not clear at this stage whether you need a newer one or an older one.

Tim. @TimArnot

JimF117

Problem solved. One person advised to install SQLServer 2008 sp2. Another advised to install SQLServer 2012 sp2. So I installed both. I also put older entityframework.dll in System32 folder. I do not know which solved the problem, but works.

:) :)

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

bobblefly

Tried everything and failed. Would it be possible to have working x-plane 11, FS and P3D datasets available for download. They are less than 300k and would make life so much simpler and avoid me pulling out my remaining hair!

tim arnot

Unfortunately not, because of copyright.

Tim. @TimArnot