News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

LPL NDB

Started by Kenny584, July 01, 2019, 11:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny584

Hi Folks.

For some reason the freq. of the LPL (Liverpool) NDB is showing as 349   It should be 349.5   I have checked the FSX bgl file and it is indeed 349.5  I have rebuilt the PlanG database several times now but it still shows as 349

Does anyone know of a way to get my PlanG to show the correct frequency? I have been assured by other simmers that their PlanG shows it as 349.5  I do not know why my PlanG v3.2.1.151 shows it as 349

Best Regards...Ken.

tim arnot

Do you have the correct database selected? For example, while FSX and P3D have LPL as 349.5, X-Plane has it as 349.

Tim. @TimArnot

Kenny584

Hello Tim.

I'm sure that I have, however, I'll check to confirm. Thanks.

edit....okay, I've checked and the only options available are FSX and P3D. The FS9/FS2004 and X-Plane options are greyed out. I definitely am rebuilding the FSX Database and it is still showing 349   That is very strange.

Regards...Ken.

tim arnot

Unless you have an Addon that's taking priority?

Tim. @TimArnot

Kenny584

Hello Tim.

my ADE (Airport Design Editor) shows the stock EGGP and EGNX with the correct frequencies, i.e. with the decimal 5 . Therefore the bgl file must be correct. My FSX GPS shows them without the decimal 5. In fact, the default GPS shows the list of Nearest NDBs as all without the decimal 5. They are only showing as whole numbers. Having looked at various Forums it appears that this is a known problem in FSX. Yet some simmer friends with FSX tell me that they can tune to the decimal 5, ident and display it. This is very strange behaviour on the part of FSX.

I am indeed puzzled. There must be a switch or setting somewhere, whereby I have de-tuned the decimal somehow. This happens in Win10, FSX and all the aircraft I normally use, both default and addons. I'll go and check the FSX config file carefully. It is unlikely that every aircraft config has the same issue.

Cheers...Ken.

tim arnot

I don't remember if it's the default ADF, but there are definitely ADF receivers in FSX that simply don't do decimals. In the real world it doesn't matter, cos receivers simply aren't that accurate and they'll pick up half a kHz either side. But FSX being digital, insist on decimal point accuracy.

As regards Plan-G, there's no code to hide decimal values in NDBs - if it's there it'll show it. The only way it'll be different is if there's another NDB higher in the scenery priority list.

Tim. @TimArnot

Kenny584

Hello Tim.

Apolgies for the late reply. I've had trades people about the house. One of my other simmer friends reminded me about Simple Airport Scanner. I'll run it later and see if it throws up a duplicate airfield. Thing is, there are quite a few NDBs not responding to the decimal 5.

I'll keep you posted as to any outcome.

Regards...Ken.