News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Error building database

Started by Chaos0614, October 05, 2019, 09:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaos0614

I'm having trouble building the database?

tim arnot

For what sim is this? Have you tried with the beta buuild at the top of the forum?

Tim. @TimArnot

Chaos0614

I'm using Plan-G 3.2.2.157 Test Build and it's for X-Plane 11 on Win 10 Pro.

tim arnot

Looking at the log, you've got a compounding of errors going on. The Duplicate Index error is caused because it couldn't delete the old database file at the start of the build, which was caused by a spurious "maximum database size" error.

Now the "Maximum Database Size" error is something that happens on some machines, but I have no idea why, because that's a false error - what it's saying is untrue. It's been reported multiple times over the years, and there are several threads on that error, including this one http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3805.msg18574#msg18574 (you can also search the forum on 'maximum database size') The poster of that thread seems to have solved it, but it isn't something I've ever been able to reproduce here, so I can only really present what he wrote.

Hopefully, if you can get rid of that error, the other errors should go away too.

Tim. @TimArnot

Grimm

Hey,

sadly i encounter the same Error when i want to build the DB for X-Plane. Tried the "fix" mentioned in this Post: http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3805.msg18574#msg18574 but the only result is that the popup, as posted by Chaos, doesn't show up anymore. I just get the 'maximum database size' Error in the logs... Tried it with both versions. The stable 3.2.1.151 and the beta 3.2.2.157.

tim arnot

There's a possible solution being looked at, but no further details at this time.

Tim. @TimArnot

Highflyer525

Hi Grimm, Tim,

The duplicated value problem happened to me once. Mine also failed to clear the database down first with the following error:

DeleteExistingData: System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'D:\Plan-G Files\Data\PlanG3_XPX.sdf' because it is being used by another process.

Turns out the other process was a previously started version of Plan-G that was still holing on in the background. It could be seen in task manager, but had moved down from Apps to background processes (in Windows 10 task manager that is) whilst it was trying to close down.

Once I'd terminated this instance with end task and started Plan-G again, all was well and it cleared the DB down the next time.

Just a one off.