News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

PlanG on second computer does not connect to FSX on main computer

Started by Jive1, October 10, 2019, 10:00:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jive1

Hey!
I have my PlanG on a second computer and FSX on my first computer. The necessary maps have been opened on both computers; the worldmap has been loaded through network, every ting seems to be OK, except Connecting the map to FSX on the first computer to FSX on the second computer does not work.
I don't know what can be wrong. Where should I seek for any fault?
Greetz
Jive1 - Belgium

Kronovan

I haven't run PlanG in such a configuration, but it's going to have to know how to communicate with FSX via Simconnect and where to read the Scenery.cfg file. First start would be to ensure PlanG knows where to find those, so what have you entered in the FSX Program and FSX Scenery.cfg text boxes under File > Options > Locations?

[edit] As well, did you read this forums Connecting Plan G over network (simconnect) TIP stickied thread. I haven't read through that myself, but there's no doubt helpful info in it.

frankturley

You need to start off by setting fixed IP addresses for each machine, so that the Plan-G machine knows how to find the flying machine.