News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

AI jump !

Started by ananda, November 28, 2019, 10:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ananda

I watched two AI aircraft doing VFR circuits.

Their position was shown on the map, but every couple of seconds, their positions reverted to a previous time then jumped to the correct position:

There were quite a few AI aircraft, but all but four had been deleted in FSX:

Log attached.

George

ananda

I believe I know the reason for the "jumps".

Plan-G reads the positions of all of the AI aircraft only on the initial connecton. If, after this, some of the AI aircraft are deleted in FSX, Plan-G doesn't recognise this and is confused when it receives updates for only thise remaining.

I repeated the above exercise, but refrained fron connecting until I had deleted 160 of the 164 AI aircraft. The rsulting trails are corect (no jumping):

tim arnot

Are the problem aircraft changing status between parked and moving? If so, that might be the issue.

Under normal circumstances, each cycle, all reported AI are painted at their reported position. Any known (ie previously painted) AI that are not reported maintain their current position but are flagged as missing. On the next cycle, any AI flagged as missing are removed from the map. The cycle time is set in Options->Traffic (changes require a restart of Plan-G to come into effect).

It would need testing, but an AI changing status might be a way for it to get misreported.

Tim. @TimArnot

ananda

Quote from: tim arnot on November 29, 2019, 03:32:44 PM
Are the problem aircraft changing status between parked and moving? If so, that might be the issue.
The problem is that the AI aircraft are deleted from FSX using Traffic Explorer.

I now ensure that Plan-G is not started before deleting the AI.

Gorge

tim arnot

So FSX still reports the AI as present? If so, that's not my problem.  ;)

Tim. @TimArnot

ananda

Quote from: tim arnot on December 02, 2019, 09:42:12 AM
So FSX still reports the AI as present? If so, that's not my problem.  ;)
No. FSX loses the AI as expected  8)

Plan-G thinks they are still there  :o

George

tim arnot

For how long? They should time out after a couple of cycles. If they stay longer than that, they're still being reported.

Tim. @TimArnot