News:

Main Menu

No Intersections or airways showing up.

Started by blackburnbuccaneer, December 06, 2019, 04:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackburnbuccaneer

Afternoon,

I upgraded my install of Plan-G from 3.2.1.XXX this morning to 3.2.2.166 (having uninstalled 3.2.1 first) and upon the first run of Plan-G afterwards I built a new P3D Nav database, and all seemed well... until I then went to create and IFR flight plan only to find no intersections were displayed (despite the database build saying it wrote 105000 of them).

I tried the usual trouble shooting (PC restart, delete database and build a new one, run as admin etc) but to no avail, I can't get any intersections to display at any zoom level or with any combination of the three boxes ticked, the lack of intersections is also effecting the display of Instrument approaches(they show in the menu but nothing is plotted on the map and no transition options are listed).

Thus any hep would be much appreciated.

P3D V4.5
W10 Home 64 Bit v1903
Plan-G 3.2.2.166

Thanks in advance, James

tim arnot

Yup, sorry about that. Build 167 fixes it.

(database wrote 105000 intersections then forgot to save changes. Oops! Programmer fired!)

Tim. @TimArnot

blackburnbuccaneer

Haha - thanks for that - not going totally daft here then! I did notice that when I went to re-download 166 that it was not available to download anymore!

Is there a fix I can do in the meantime or is 167 already available? Doh... I see it on the website now!

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

bobbykins

Hi Tim-- just downloaded the 167 version and the same, no intersections. Have re downloaded and no difference. Not sure what has been changed in this update but when I have downloaded before have not had to turn off W. Defender. Has anything in this new version changed that? My finger trouble somewhere? Opening as admin as well.
All worked well in previous editions

Bobbykins  P3Dv4

tim arnot

Make sure you have 167. 166 was up there briefly, and that broke intersections. If you built the database in 166, you'll need to rebuild it again in 167 to get the intersections and airways back.

Tim. @TimArnot

bobbykins

Hi Tim--- sorry, my finger trouble. In the new download the intersection boxes had not been checked on the Map ribbon although the VOR/NDB appeared on the screen already checked. Obviously missed it! Not only do I need new fingers but new specs as well. Must be getting old.

Bobbykins

tecltd@aol.com

Good Evening all,

I have a 'No Intersections' problem as well. After many different attempts, FSX map does shows them but with nearly 500,000 of them PLAN-G will not show them. If I reduce the FSX library selected items to FSX Base items, ORBX Europe, ORBX N.Germany, ORBX England and the latest Aeor.sors Navaid updates, PLAN-G will show them. As someone stated before, although PLAN-G DB Build says it is processing the intersections, none actually show. My scenery.cfg file has 495 entries and I use SceneryConfigEditor before each flight to choose my area for the flight plan.

I have ensured that at the zoom level of 10, the Navaid Marker Options box for ISEC's is set to 9 and that I have checked with FSX map that I am in an area where I know intersections are placed.

Lower airways do show as do ICAO and RDPM Airspaces.

Maybe 500,000 intersections is a DB build overload! (but I doubt it). As FSX does show them, I have to assume the problem is still with PLAN-G.

I am using version v 3.2.2.167 and have been a PLAN-G user for about 8 years and a simmer for 12 years+.

I look forward to an offer of a reason (for interest) and solution (for practicality).

Thank you.

Boris.

tim arnot

Did you build the database in 167?

Some of the 3.2.2 betas didn't save intersections, so you would need to rebuild the database in 167 if you had built with one of the betas.

If you did build in 167, then please attach a log file, showing the database build followed by some moving around the map with Intersections enabled. Please send the log on the same day that you do the test, because the log file is cleared at midnight.

Congrats on your 8 years! ;)

Tim. @TimArnot

tecltd@aol.com

Dear Tim,

Thanks for your comments - my post did include the version I was using. However -

Here is the result of my research today.

Over this afternoon (Now retired) with slow progressive reduction in FSX scenery library items being ticked (enabled) and a PLAN-G DB build after each (with the results recorded in a document) and the PLAN-G map inspected at Zoom levels down to #10 after each build for the display of intersections, I have been able to whittle the offending scenery file group (directory) down to being in my Addon Scenery folder.

Further Investigation into this Addon Scenery folder by swapping exclusively a suspected specific file and folder in and out with DB builds in between and a PLAN-G intersections display check has pointed conclusively to the problem. Earlier in the day I had downloaded and run the aero.sors Navaids update and fixes freeware with a result that it put a file called WorldINT.bgl into the Addon Scenery\Scenery folder. It is this file that is causing PLAN-G DB build to fail to display intersections.

I suppose I will have to leave it disabled until PLAN-G can handle it.

I hope you can make use of this information to add a bolt and braces search procedure to catch problems like this.

If anyone would like to see my investigation document then please email me at my username address.

Thanks.

Boris  :)

tim arnot

You said you were using 167, but you didn't say what you'd built the database with, hence the question. (databases are not version dependent). I'm not familiar with aero.sors, so I don't know what it does. Safe to say, leave it off when building a Plan-G database, at least for now, since it appears to remove the default intersections.

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

I've now installed aero.sors and let it do its thing. Rebuilding the database in Plan-G was totally fine, and I watched the intersections move as old positions were replaced by new.

Checking on what that program does: it replaces the default FSX (or P3D) bgl files with its own updated versions. The file names stay the same although the date stamp is updated. It doesn't touch the scenery.cfg There's no reason why the results shouldn't show up in Plan-G, and from what I've seen they do.

As previously stated, if you're building the database in 167, and the intersections are not showing up, please attach a log of the database build (it'll be quite big, close to 1 MB, so you'll probably need to zip it). Then I can see what's going on.

Tim. @TimArnot