News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Connecting SimConnect to P3dv4 in Plan-G 3.2

Started by marcori, December 07, 2019, 11:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcori

I read the post of Tim Arnot and I created the Simconnect.xml with my PC ID address, but I have no idea of how to find an available port number to insert into the simconnect.cfg.

can anybody help me?

tim arnot

It's basically pick a number and hope it's not in use by something else. I generally suggest 4504, 4505, or 4506 as good candidates.

Tim. @TimArnot

marcori

Thanks Tim,
I tried all the suggested numbers, but still, when I click on "connect" nothing happens (plane position is not shown on the map).
Using FSUPC5 as connection, the plane symbol appears and everything works, but if I use the function "set ILS frequency in NAV 1", Plan-g Shuts down.
It seems that communication is one way only.

tim arnot

Are you connecting on a single PC or across a network?

Tim. @TimArnot

marcori

Single PC with two monitors, one for P3d the other for Plan-g

tim arnot

On a single pc, the setup is incredibly simple - you don't need to create xml file or config files or anything.

1. Make sure the connection type s set to SimConnect (P3D) (it defaults to FSX)

2. Connect.

That's it!

Tim. @TimArnot

marcori

Hi Tim,
I reinstalled Plan-G 3.2.1 and ,just in case also P3D v.4.5, but I have the same results.
In the options FS connection don't have FSX as default, but still P3D with the port number 4505 which I typed in the previous session trying to modify the cfg file. and even the map started with the last position i had before unistalling.
I even tried to install V 3.2.0 so I had the port 0 and the default UK map, but still no connection with simconnect and the same problem with FSUPC5 (one way connection).
I wish to be able to solve this problem , because your Plan-g is definetely the best moving map/flight planner I had through the years and I cannot use any flight simulator without it

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

Please attempt to connect to the sim, and THEN attach the log file. That one is empty.

Tim. @TimArnot

marcori

I attach the log file after starting P3D then starting Plan-g and click on "connect"
thanks for your patience

tim arnot

It claims you're missing the file LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.dll (which could also means that it's present, but unable to start up)

Please check that it is there.

What version of P3D are you running?

Tim. @TimArnot

marcori

Hi Tim
I'm running Prepar3D_v4_Academic_4.5.13.32097
Before sending you the log file, I read it and I noticed that LockeedMartin.simconnect.dll is required.
I checked the P3D main directory, where all Dll are, and I could't find it.
I reinstalled from scratch the all program but still the dll is not there.
Upon completion of the installation I had the attached screen.
In the redistr directory I found Simconnect.msi but when I launch it I got an error 2503 and 2502 error message and the installation stops.
It seems is something I have to sort out with Lockeed Martin.
Thanks anyway for your support.

Ezio

marcori

I'm giving-up with simconnect and use FSUIPC5151 and may be the problem I have with it could be easier to resolve.

here is the log file after I set the connection to FSUIPC and trying to set NAV1 frequency from Plan-G.
and Plan-G shuts down.
See if can be useful

Thanks

Ezio

tim arnot

The DLL is part of Plan-G and should be in the Plan-G folder. Sorry, I should have made that clearer.

Tim. @TimArnot