News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

VRP's and Airspaces

Started by wildcat64, March 22, 2020, 10:34:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildcat64

Hello Tim

First of all a big thank you for your magnificent and very useful program Plan-G!

After years of using the military sim DCS I recently went back to my first love of VFR flying with General Aviation. I therefore use X-Plane 11.41 and the awesome Marchetti SF260D from Simcoders/J.Rollon. I also reinstalled Plan-G v.3.2.2.167 and managed to download/install the DEM data and the Airspace Boundaries using openair data from www.openflightmaps.org. Looks even greater now!

I also succesfully added some VRP's but I have a few questions about them:

1) It seems that VRP's are switched off by disengaging Airstrips en switched back on by engaging VRP? Just reporting this abnormality maybe already known to you.

2) Is there a way to make the identifier name of the VRP's visible on the map?

3) Is there a way to change the orange bullet icon for VRP by a blue triangle inside a circle?

Just wandering, no hurry but it would even look better than it already does!

Thanks again and keep it safe!

Greatings from Belgium.

Wildcat64 aka Jan

tim arnot

Hi Jan, thanks for the comments.

Quote from: wildcat64 on March 22, 2020, 10:34:53 AM
1) It seems that VRP's are switched off by disengaging Airstrips en switched back on by engaging VRP? Just reporting this abnormality maybe already known to you.
I'm not able to reproduce this (and there's no particular connection between VRPs and airstrips, or indeed any other map icon). Perhaps you could provide a workflow to show the issue?

2) Is there a way to make the identifier name of the VRP's visible on the map?
Not at the moment. I can certainly consider it for a future release.

3) Is there a way to change the orange bullet icon for VRP by a blue triangle inside a circle?
No, all the icons are hard coded. User defined icons are definitely on the wish list though.

Tim :)

Tim. @TimArnot

wildcat64

Hi Tim

Thanks for your quick reply; much appreciated!

I'm glad to hear that 2) and 3) are on the wish list and even considered for future release(s). I'm already looking out!

Considering 1) I took 5 consecutive screenshots from the EBAW area with 17 (!) VRP's:

• VRP button engaged/orange --> VRP's visible on map (photo 1)
  • VRP button disengaged --> VRP's still visible on map (photo 2)
  • Airstrip button engaged/orange --> VRP's disappear and are no longer visible on map (photo 3)
  • Airstrip button disengaged --> VRP's still not visible on map (photo 4)
  • VRP button engaged/orange --> VRP's again visible on map (photo 1 again)
Greatings from Belgium.

Jan

tim arnot

Ok thanks, I have it now, and will investigate further :)

Tim. @TimArnot

wildcat64

Thanks Tim and ... no hurries!  :)

kopolla

Quote from: wildcat64 on March 22, 2020, 10:34:53 AM
I also reinstalled Plan-G v.3.2.2.167 and managed to download/install the DEM data and the Airspace Boundaries using openair data from www.openflightmaps.org.

I saw that you did this a few days ago and have since been trying to figure out how to add these to my Plan-G. Can you give me a quick rundown on how to do that?