News:

Main Menu

Threat detection

Started by zimmer46, June 11, 2020, 08:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zimmer46

Firstly thanks for great piece of software.   
Been using Plan-G for a few years without any issues on a networked computer.  I'm reinstalling it on my main FSX PC.   No issues with the installation itself, but when I run the Plan-G.exe for the first run my AV detects it as a threat with the following report.

Path: D:\FSX Apps\Plan-G v3.2.2
File: Plan-G3.exe
Reason: Trojan:W32/CryptoRansomwareBehavior.B!DeepGuard

The same version was running on the other PC, and both PC's are running Windows 10 version 2004 and F-Secure Safe anti virus.

I suspect its a false positive, but puzzled why it is only detected on one machine.    I've messaged F-Secure but wondered if you had any other reports of false positives ?

Thanks
Andrew

tim arnot

Not in a very long time. If there was an actual problem, I suspect I would be inundated with reports. In any case the PCs here regularly go through appropriate antiviral handwashing and social distancing.

Tim. @TimArnot

zimmer46

Thanks Tim.   I suspected as much.  I scanned the new PC installation with a number of utilities and they detected nothing at all.  I see my older PC where I was previously running Plan-G is still running Windows 10 version 1909, I'll see if it reacts the same way when it upgrades to version 2004.

Regards
Andrew