How do I get my networked Plan-G to find the FSX Database

Started by realatp, December 27, 2009, 10:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jschall

Do it the easy way. Install Plan-G on your FSX PC. Build the database there, using the default folders. Then copy the whole shebang over to your Plan-G networked PC.

Works for me.

- Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint-Hilaire, Québec
FSX SP2, Windows 7, AMD FX-62, Nvidia GTX550ti

realatp

Now I forget how to "share" something, even though I got Plan-G going through Simmconnect and it works fine. I am moron. This shit is hard.

realatp

o man I screwed up, all my FSx icos in the folder have little locks around them saying I don't have permission to use them and I did all this secutiry crap

cvearl

Quote from: realatp on December 27, 2009, 11:24:14 PM
o man I screwed up, all my FSx icos in the folder have little locks around them saying I don't have permission to use them and I did all this secutiry crap

OS? WinXP? Win7? Vista?

Try to describe what you were doing before the locks on all your fsx files appeared and what "folder" are you talking about. Plan-G folder? what?

What is it.

realatp

everytime I click the FSX icon I get an error Error ID = 25 (null)....i think its something to do with security. So far there is no way to fix it, and I've tried everything. I cannot tell you all the stuff I did to my computer because I'm new a networking and I have been working on her all day. Now, I will probably have to do this all over again.

tim arnot

I did a google search on "FSX Error 25 (null)" and this is what came back:

Go into C:\Program files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft flight Simulator X, find the file FSX.EXE and right click on it. Then select Send To - Desktop (create shortcut).

A short cut appears on your desktop and it should now work.

Tim. @TimArnot