News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Can't load fsx .pln flight plan into fsx???

Started by j3richard, June 22, 2020, 09:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j3richard

I'm stuck!    FSX 10....FSX up and Plan-G up and simconnected connected ok.   I can create a .pln flight plan ok and can export it but when I choose the plan it does not load into FSX planner.   I have older flight plans that I can load ok, its just the new plans that wont...this is also a new install for my Plan-G.  ?????

tim arnot

Please attach the actual flightplan. I need to see what's in it to get any idea of what the problem might be.

Tim. @TimArnot

j3richard

When I export this flight plan it does not show up in the FSX plight planner ????

I can copy the plan from the Plan-G folder to the FSX folder but it still won't load. 

Other plans in the FSX folder load ok.
John

tim arnot

That's a Plan-G native format file. To use it in FSX, you need to export it as FSX format (.PLN)

Tim. @TimArnot

j3richard

The .pln plan will not show into the FSX flight plan folder and if I copy it there from the Plan-G folder it still will not load???   

I create a plan in Plan-G

I export the plan using the FSW option

It is saved in the Plan-G folder as a .pln file

It does not show up in the FSX flt planner at all.

Even if I copy the .pln plan into the FSX flt planner it still will not load ???

For some reason it does not like the .pln ???   BUT it will LOAD other .pln that are there to choose from.

I have enclosed the actual flt plan this time.

It seems strange that it will load an old .pln plan and not the new one from Plan-g

I have also tried adding the FSX path directly into Plan_G.....

Also I am using  3.2.0.144 and get an error message when I try the update link for build 322167 ???

Maybe I'm missing something ???

By the way it's been a while since I have used Plan-g and I am happy to see that it continues to improve and is supported so well.

tim arnot

Wait, did you export it as Flight Sim World (FSW)? That is definitely NOT going to load in FSX. You must export as FSX. It's the first option in the list!

I did ask you to attach the plan file (PLN) . . . . .

Tim. @TimArnot

j3richard

Sorry, all I did not read beyond the Prepar3D !!! on the first choice.

Works fine now!