News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

connection to P3D v.4.5

Started by marcori, June 30, 2020, 04:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcori

I followed all instruction indicated in the post and I created a new simconnect.xml file and relevant simconnect.cfg moving them where they should go.
Using Simconnect as communication, with P3D running and Plan-G open, hitting the connect button does not show the aircraft icon and does not go to the aircraft location.
Using FSUIPC as communication, it works, but one way only: i.e. the aircraft icon appears at the right location, but any attempt to send input to P3D causes the Plan-G shut down.
Tipically right clicking on a VOR to send the frequency to Nav 1 shuts down the program.

can anybody suggest a solution ?

Thanks
Ezio

tim arnot

Hi Ezio,

Is it on a single PC or across a network?

Can you also attach the xml and cfg files, plus the Plan-G log showing the connection attempt (if you made the connection attempt yesterday, DO NOT run Plan-G before sending the log, as it will get overwritten)

Thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot

marcori

Hi Tim,
is on a single PC with double screen, one for FS and the other for Plan-g

here are the attachment.
I had to turn them to txt extension atherwise they were not accepted as attachments
I added also a copy of IPconfig
Thanks for the attention.
Ezio

tim arnot

It seems that some of the dependency files needed to load the Simconnect library are missing, probably the C++ Redist package. Have a look at this thread, where the user fixes the same problem: http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3956.msg19200#msg19200

Tim. @TimArnot

marcori

Problem solved !!!
Followed the instruction taken from the link you gave me and finally this nightmare is over.

thanks a lot Tim

ciao
Ezio

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

marcori

just for the records, it works with FSUIPC but not with simconnect.
I don't care as long as I can use your beautiful program.
Thanks Tim