News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Not Able to Build Database, Get This Error Report

Started by JohnDavid, July 03, 2020, 12:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnDavid

Tim,

Now that I can post here, I'm pasting the paragraph I wrote in the other thread that describes my situation.

After reading some of the posts in your forum, I'm guessing it might be a network problem for me too as Parallels runs through it's connection to my Mac I think via a network protocol. I'm not a tech guru, but I can understand allot of what  causes issues like this.

If it turns out that this is the problem, I saw you comment in another thread to have Plan G run on the main desktop machine the user has and then transfer over the db to his laptop with a copy of Plan G on it. I do have an old PC but I never use it. If you determine that this is the same road I should take after looking over the log file, maybe doing the same thing and then transferring the db to my Plan G install on my Virtual Windows machine will do the trick.

The Plan G database creation does not work and I'm in a unique situation as I run Windows using an app called Parallels on my Mac Pro which is a virtualisation program. I run Windows 7 in it so I'm able to run FSX and other older Windows games within this virtual window whilst still having access to my Mac. I created this account so I could send you the log file to see if you could figure out the issue I'm having with the database creation in Plan G.

Let me know what you think. I very much appreciate you taking the time to try and help me and no matter what happens, I just wanted to say thank you!

Here are the log file and the error report window screenshot.

tim arnot

I see you have your Plan-G Files folder on \\psf\Home\Documents\Plan-G Files. Is this a network share? If so, you'll need to move it to a local folder, because the database engine won't work properly with network or cloud drives.

You can set the Plan-G Files folder through the Database Build Options dialog.

Tim. @TimArnot

Scotflieger

I am also getting an error building the database for XP11. Failed to build database (index outside the bounds of the array). The build continues to process until the error dialog is closed.

http://prntscr.com/tb99v6

tim arnot

Quote from: Scotflieger on July 03, 2020, 05:27:36 PM
I am also getting an error building the database for XP11. Failed to build database (index outside the bounds of the array). The build continues to process until the error dialog is closed.

http://prntscr.com/tb99v6

That might be something introduced in the 2006 airac file. Could you email me a copy of the user_fix.dat file to check?

Thanks

Tim. @TimArnot

Scotflieger

Copy of my user_fix.dat (from X-Plane 11/custom data) as requested. It contains a series of waypoints between Edinburgh (EGPH) and Oban (EGEO).

I
1100 Version - data cycle 2006, build     1613, metadata FixXP1100.

55.98888000   -3.682200000    POLMT   ENRT    ZZ
56.12183000   -3.946670000    STIRL   ENRT    ZZ
56.24411000   -4.216000000    CALLR   ENRT    ZZ
56.23314000   -4.428520000   KATRI   ENRT    ZZ
56.39281000   -4.620440000   CRAIN   ENRT    ZZ
56.43963000   -4.716220000    TYNDR   ENRT    ZZ
56.40488000   -5.022300000    LHAWE   ENRT    ZZ
56.46088000   -5.402360000   OBNNB   ENRT    ZZ

EDIT - I removed an odd space at the start of the first line. I was then able to run the database build successfully.

JohnDavid

Quote from: tim arnot on July 03, 2020, 12:39:02 PM
I see you have your Plan-G Files folder on \\psf\Home\Documents\Plan-G Files. Is this a network share? If so, you'll need to move it to a local folder, because the database engine won't work properly with network or cloud drives.

You can set the Plan-G Files folder through the Database Build Options dialog.

That's got it Tim!

I deleted the folder which was placed by my virtualisation software, Parallels, in my Mac documents folder, created a new Plan-G Files folder in C:\Plan-G Files, built the DB in Plan G and, it works!
Parallels runs my Windows 7 in it's own window within my Mac's main system so I can share files...etc between the two platforms. It does this via a network connection between the two. So by creating a Plan G directory in the C:\ directory, your app is able to access the files it needs.

Now I 'm reading the pdf manual and learning about your app. I created a quick flight plan and even added a couple of User waypoints that were not extant when FSX nav data was created. I saved & exported the plan for FSX and loaded it in. Everything works. I can't wait to fly this plan later today.

Your app is spectacular! It is chock full of features and data entry/display functions and the UI is gorgeous and a pleasure to work with. 8)

Thank you for getting this issue fixed, as well as my initial registration login issue. I very much appreciate it.

I wish you clear skies and tails winds, Tim!