News:

Main Menu

Xp Version Available?

Started by macosmotic, July 26, 2020, 09:38:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macosmotic

Hi Tim. Thanks muchly for your elegant, nifty software! Just recently I've struck a hitch, though; I need to re-install Plan-G on my old Win XP system, and can't find a working download link for V3.1.1 or V3.1.2, both of which I believe will still work with XP-SP3 and the .NET 4~ limit for that OS. Fortunately I do have an up-to-date installation on my Win 10 PC, but really miss it on the XP system. Also on the latter system, a problem getting to the latest version - I just get a nice 'Plan-G' banner, with no way to proceed beyond. (I realise it's W7+). What am I doing wrongly?
Also, by the way, I'm keen to try your novels; I just don't do electronic / online purchases at all, really, but as soon as I work my way around that barrier, I'll have a good read. My wife will probably help - not an FS girl, but loves reading (as do I) and spending up online. Anyway, back to Plan-G; can I still run it on XP, or do I need a 'Plan-B'?
Thanks again for everything, Tim - Plan-G, Mutley's reviews (just re-read NZSI) and - I'm sure it will apply - your novels. Cheers from Oz. Ian.

tim arnot

Here's a link to it: http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/?wpdmpro=plan-g-3-1-2-101-xp

Not sure I understand your other problem though?

And my books are all available in paperback, as well as ebook ;)

Tim. @TimArnot

macosmotic

Hi and thanks, Tim. I do appreciate your speedy help, and I will assume that the link you've provided will do the trick. As for my other problem - well, it's of no concern really; my intended purchase of a book or two is prevented only by my reluctance to be involved with credit cards, online shopping and 'electronic money' in general. In short, there's no problem other than me! (This from someone who has played with radio and electronics for about 60 years, and computers since BASIC , the Sinclair, etc. popped up.) (Hay, maybe age is the problem, then!)
'
But fear not, my wife / girl / partner has few qualms about buying online, and as she's a long-term consumer of Patricia Cornwell, Ian Rankin, TV's 'Vera' and 'Shetlands', 'Silent Witness' etc., I'm sure she'll be happy to read some Tim Arnot works as well. Me too; I read what she reads, and SF as well. So we will both win! I might have to clean a few cobwebs and sweep more conscientiously in return, but it should happen.

So, I won't trouble you further unless I strike a problem with v312 in my XP.

Thanks again, Tim, and stay safe.

Kind regards,
Ian / macosmotic (at YMUR in Oz, near YBCG)

Gambino Volante

Thanks for this link, it worked for me