News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

MSFS 2020 Connection

Started by basil hancock, August 20, 2020, 08:49:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

basil hancock

Hi Tim I trust you are well.  How do you connect to the new msfs 2020 via simconnect.

In my options I have set the connection to simconnect (FSX) IPv4 localhost  port 0 but it does not connect

Thanks

blackburnbuccaneer

Likewise.

I have tried P3D too - do we need to install legacy simconect like was needed with P3D?

tim arnot

Hmm,  shouldn't do. All I've done here is add an entry to Simconnect.xml for a network connection. But that shouldn't affect connecting locally (see the sticky at the top of the forum for connecting to P3D for the xml file entry)

Is your firewall active? And has MSFS been allowed through it? Have you restarted your PC recently? That's about all that occurs to me right now

SimConnect.xml for MSFS is located in

%AppData%/Local/Packages/Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe/LocalCache

Tim. @TimArnot

Sam2299

Hi Tim

As for FS Connection , can you help me find the path for both MSFS2020.exe and Scenery.cfg.

Thanks

Sam

basil hancock

Hi Tim,

FSUIPC 7 worked fine.  I would highly recomend this utility even if all you do is use it to connect plan g.  However it is far more useful than just that.  It is free until October

Thanks all

tim arnot

Some interesting experimentation: today Plan-G would only connect if I turned off the firewall on my sim PC. It didn't matter if Plan-G was remote or local: if the firewall was on it wouldn't connect. If it was off it would.

Now maybe something has screwed up in my firewall settings with this app, but I don't see this behaviour with the other sims. But once again, once it does connect, it'll connect with both FSX and P3D Simconnect libraries.

FSUIPC gets through, but that's using the 2020 version of SimConnect, which may be doing things differently.

Tim. @TimArnot

blackburnbuccaneer

I can connect using FSUPIC with the firewall on, but for some reason it totally kills my FPS - buttery smooth 40+ FPS becomes a slideshow. Hope I can get Simconect working, will try turning the firewall off.

tim arnot

Yes, something about SimConnect in the release version is killing performance. It's been reported with a bunch of different apps. Hopefully MS will fix it in their patch.

Tim. @TimArnot

blackburnbuccaneer

Yes, as soon as I open FSUIPC it kills it - managed to get the FSX connection working though, get a few freezes on updates but better than FSUIPC.

Sam2299

Hi Tim
Please, in Plan-G setting\FS Connection, how to define the path for MSFS2020.exe and for Scenery.cfg?

tim arnot

Quote from: Sam2299 on August 26, 2020, 07:09:29 AM
Hi Tim
Please, in Plan-G setting\FS Connection, how to define the path for MSFS2020.exe and for Scenery.cfg?

You don't. MSFS/2020 is quite different, and as explained in the sticky at the top of the forum, you will need to wait for v4 to get database compatibility for it.

Tim. @TimArnot

deadeye419

Try port 500

Local host or 127.0.0.1 either should work.

at this point sim connect has performance issues.  try turning off traffic and or disconnect and reconnect.

nigelbkk

I struggled a bit too but got it working with
SimConnect(FSX)
IPv4
localhost
port 500

HTH