News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

X-Plane 11 Move aircraft to specific waypoint problem

Started by ap1, August 20, 2020, 10:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ap1

When trying to move the default 737 in XP to typically a waypoint near the top of descent, it instead moves across the world and the aircraft loses control.  Before this the plane is in level flight and is paused.  Moving the plane near top of descent works fine for me in FSX so hopefully I can get this to work.  I do have PG and XP connected and XPUIPC installed.

tim arnot

Does this loss of control happen even if the sim is not paused? Describe the loss of control (engine failure? Elevator/aileron/rudder deflection? etc)

Does the plane move to the correct location, even though it loses control? (if not, is any part of the location correct, for example right latitude, but wrong longitude?)

Does this problem happen with other aircraft? Or is it specific to the 737?

Thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot

ap1

I have it paused then when I click move aircraft in Plan-G it becomes unpaused and the aircraft goes to the other side of the world as I said above.  And no it is not in the correct location at all.  I haven't tested yet what happens if isn't paused.  The loss of control is it moves to the wrong altitude and either starts descending rapidly or pitches up and stalls.  I have only tried the default 737.  Also when I went to FS connections in PG, I realized I needed to select XPUIPC.  However the move aircraft option does not come up at all when I have XPUIPC selected.  It does in FSX with FSUIPC selected in FS connections and works fine.  It sounds like the option should be there and of course it should work.  Do you think maybe there's some settings within XPUIPC, PG or XP that may need to be set right to get this to work?  Thank you.  Not sure what else it could be.

tim arnot

Ok, further investigation, that's not supported in XPUIPC. I don't know if the issue is in X-Plane or XPUIPC, or if it needs a whole different implementation, but the move aircraft command doesn't work, which is why it's disabled. You can get around that block by selecting FSUIPC instead of XPUIPC (it's the same code), but it'll just dump you at lat/lon 0,0 (ie on the equator off the coast ofAfrica).

Tim. @TimArnot

ap1

I was thinking that was the case.  Maybe at some point this can be added.  For now I'll use simple warp.  Thanks.