News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Problem creating DB with P3Dv4 due to Wangarei airport ?

Started by altack, August 23, 2020, 05:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

altack

Hi Tim and everyone,
I recentely wanted to update my PlanG DB (as I installed several freeware or payware sceneries) but got an error message instead.
When checking the log file, it is said:
Quote...
18:22:07.5 Error writing airport: NZWR Whangarei
18:22:07.5 WriteAirportsData-SetValue: : System.NullReferenceException: La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.
   à Plan_G3.Data.FSData.WriteAirportsData(SortedDictionary`2 apts)
18:22:07.6 Enregistrement 31814 pistes d'atterrissage
18:22:08.2 StartBuild_Executed: System.NullReferenceException: La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.
   à Plan_G3.Data.FSData.WriteAirportsData(SortedDictionary`2 apts)
   à Plan_G3.Model.BGLSCAN.Scan()
   à Plan_G3.ViewModel.BuildDatabaseViewModel.StartBuild_Executed()
18:22:32.5 Build-DB cleanup lambda
All I can say is that I own the ORBX Wangarei scenery and that, according to a forum thread, since a shared "MyDocuments\PlanG Files" subfolder might be a problem I moved all my PlanG files to "C:\PlanG Files" folder but to no avail...
Thank you in advance for any help and support !
Regards,
Francois

tim arnot

Can you post the rest of the log please? I need to see what's happening earlier in the db build. Thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot

altack

Here it is as attached!
Thank you so much for your support,
Francois

tim arnot

Thanks. I have Orbx Whangerei, and it doesn't cause a problem here, so there must be some other underlying cause, although looking through the log I couldn't see it.

I'm going to ask you to try something for me. I've admitted you to the v4 development area. Could you download the latest test build (217) and try building your database in that? (you won't need to uninstall v3). Thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot

altack

V4 217 working OK for me.
The DB was compiled without problem and I'm able to run PlanG on the P3Dv4 installed computer as well as on another remote computer (using FSUIPC WideFS).
Thanks again for your help !
Best regards,
Francois
PS: I struggled a little bit when installing NetCore since I went naturally for the x64 version without paying attention to the fact you used the x86 one. Hopefully I eventually used the provided link to the proper version...

tim arnot

Glad it worked.
It may yet go 64bit - it's still in alpha, and that's one of the (many) things on my list to look at...

Tim. @TimArnot