Previous topic - Next topic

tim arnot

The laptop I have it running on is as follows:

Intel i7-8750H, 2.2GHz, 16GB system Ram, GTX1070 with 8GB VRam
Windows 10 Home, build 1903 / 18362.1082

Tim. @TimArnot

jccolle

Hello Tim,
Good news, V4 build 228 makes the job, nore more problem of connection with the same configuration.
Merci.

nemoz2000

Good news here too Tim, v4 build 228 working fine on remote laptop under SimConnect.
In my case the breakthrough was putting a SimConnect.cfg file a la Prepar-3D in the Plan-G program folder. That caused a bit of head-scratching, and might be the cause of problems by some.

Some praise where it is due -- for another very nice new feature - the Bing maps feature in Plan-G maps. There was little wrong with the old maps, but this takes things to a new level - now we can fly to the Bing satellite scenery in pretty good 3D near-photo quality, while tracking in Plan-G on street maps that correlate exactly. Very nice, thanks.

buntings

Brilliant :-)

228 Working for me too, great news!

Out of techy curiosity, any idea what the issue was?

nemoz2000

No, apart from the obvious (obvious now, that is <g>) -- there must be a SimConnect.cfg and there was none.

Other possibilities -

(1) mix up re. 32- and 64-bit versions of Dotnet -- when I originally installed 228 I assumed 64-bit but it wouldn't run, so went back and installed 32-bit, which worked. I left both versions installed. Irrelevant maybe.
      (2) need for a bigger receive buffer - the clue here is in the MS Simconnect SDK stuff, they use 41088 so I followed suit. Someone better qualified might be able to throw light here.

For the record, my SimConnect.cfg ... (address and port to suit your own installation of course).

[SimConnect]
Protocol=IPV4
Address=192.168.0.5
Port=4504
MaxReceiveSize=41088
DisableNagle=0

buntings

Thanks for the detailed reply (although I think it is the latest release that fixed the problem so my question was directed to Tim )

However, I wonder - do you see "AI" traffic being displayed? I have enabled it in "options" but I still see no AI traffic being displayed.  Traffic does exist and it is still displayed correctly in the old version 3 software but not in V4

tim arnot

The issue is it failing to load the simconnect dll. I thought I had it cracked, but there are still some people for whom it doesn't work. So there's still no definitive answer.

If you've got another issue, please start a new thread - that way it helps keep track.

Tim. @TimArnot

buntings

How weird. Always happy to try anything out if I can be of help.

Re the AI traffic - it was more a general question, I was curious if the other "remote" users were seeing the same or whether it was just me before I raised it as an issue.  I will do some more checks later (eg see if V4 running locally shows the traffic ) and start a new thread as requested.

Thanks