News:

Main Menu

FS2020 - no connexion

Started by picard, September 07, 2020, 02:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picard

planG V4 unzipped in a folder. Launch plang.exe and install windowsdesktop-runtime-3.1.7-win-x64.exe. Launch of planG V4. Generate the Nav database => Build option fs2020. Display FS2020 Data => ok. FS connection in options set to SimConnect (FS2020). Click on Connection from the Home window ==> my plane does not appear when my simulator is launched and the plane is positioned on the airport.
An idea to help me
FCY-ISA
ps: not at all urgent, it's already great that PlanG so you have been offering us this software for many years

tim arnot

You need to install the Simconnect dll from the SDK, as per this thread http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4206.0

OR

use the P3Dv5 Simconnect option (that should work fine without the extra dll)

Tim. @TimArnot

picard

Great. It's OK. Thank you again for your work.

Alvega

Hi,

I have the same problem. Even with the simconnect.dll on the Plan-G folder my plane doesn't show up.

tim arnot

Which simconnect.dll did you use? The current Plan-G is 32-bit, so you need the 32-bit (from FSX) dll.

Tim. @TimArnot

Alvega

Quote from: tim arnot on September 23, 2020, 08:35:33 AM
Which simconnect.dll did you use? The current Plan-G is 32-bit, so you need the 32-bit (from FSX) dll.

I used the SDK dll. Don't know if it is 32 or 64 bits. I don't have FSX installed so I don't have that dll. Can you please post it so I can download?

Thanks.

tim arnot

Quote from: Alvega on September 23, 2020, 04:28:27 PM
Quote from: tim arnot on September 23, 2020, 08:35:33 AM

I used the SDK dll. Don't know if it is 32 or 64 bits. I don't have FSX installed so I don't have that dll. Can you please post it so I can download?

Thanks.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkfXrd8YzuWw7BDHhazQfyL31uO0?e=sgi3Q2

Tim. @TimArnot

Alvega

Thanks Tim, now it connects but the map stays white. Tried Openstreet and Bing. And the airport names are not showing.

tim arnot

?
Please attach the log file. Thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot

Alvega

tim arnot

Thanks. It's not showing any errors, so it might just be server load or bandwidth issues to the map server. As you've already tried some other map providers, it might just be worth waiting a bit to see if it clears up.

Tim. @TimArnot

Alvega

Thanks Tim, what about the airport names not showing?

tim arnot

Just the names? The log shows it's pulling airports from the database

Tim. @TimArnot

Alvega

Quote from: tim arnot on September 23, 2020, 10:34:44 PM
Just the names? The log shows it's pulling airports from the database

Yes, the names are not showing when I put the mouse cursor over them. Like it was happening to Steam users, but I'm not a Steam user.

tim arnot

Ok, those names seem to take delight in not being in the same place on two machines running! That should be sorted in tomorrow's build.

Tim. @TimArnot