News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Build 221

Started by tim arnot, September 10, 2020, 11:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim arnot

Please rebuild your databases.

Both 32 and 64 bit builds are attached. So, which build do I need?
With one exception, 32-bit will do just fine. That exception is building a database for MSFS/2020, because that requires more than the maximum amount of memory allowed to 32-bit apps. (if I manage to work around it, the need for a 64-bit version entirely goes away.) Using the 64-bit version will prevent you from connecting to FSX or P3d v 3/4 via SimConnect. Unfortunately, there is no "one version fits all" at this time.

32-bit will build an MSFS database which is usable for navigation, but has incomplete airport layout information on AD charts.

You are no longer required to copy an extra dll for 64-bit SimConnect.

Connections chart:

Sim  Local S/C  Remote S/C  XP/FSUIPC
FS9 n/an/a32/64
FSX 323232/64
MSFS 32/6432/6432/64
P3Dv4 323232/64
P3Dv5 32/6432/6432/64
X-Planen/an/a32/64

v4.0.0 (build 221)
* fixed UI font size was not explicitly set
* Fixed UserCfg.Opt file was not found on Steam installs (not tested)
* First leg of flight plan now highlighted if not connected
* Fixed Approach legs had incorrect line width
* Quick Plan: Random Destination button now always active
* Quick Plan: Settings button added to dialog
* Fixed MSFS some addon airports lost their names during db build
* Plan Window now has fixed height notes section
* Conditional compile 32/64 bit
* Fixed X-Plane build database would fail if another db build had been run in the same session
* Fixed issue where magdec was +/- 180 sometimes, instead of 0-360
* Added support for WMM2020
* Logging & title bar now indicate 64 or 32 bit version
* Added setting for Steam Library location (FS2020 Steam edition)

Known Issues:
* The new Navigraph AIRAC beta will cause database build errors. Please move it outside your MSFS folder for the duration of the build (you can put it back once the build is complete).

32 bit Download: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkfXrd8YzuWw7AgkwIxrQ5DkYUaj?e=5wsDM0

64 bit Download: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkfXrd8YzuWw7AdC2SC0JZvru1de?e=MAIZXc

Tim. @TimArnot

mightykong

When you say rebuild your database, should we just rebuild over the existing database from v220, or is there a process for clearing/rebuilding the database?  A rebuild option doesn't appear inherent in the interface, unless I'm missing it.

tim arnot

Just go to the Data menu and build a new database. It will automatically create a backup of your existing one.

Tim. @TimArnot

Oz-Flyer

I have exported the database to CSV format only find that not all records have the state listed.
Is that an export error or MSFS2020 does not have all data fields for ever airport?

tim arnot

Not every field in every airport has been populated in the sim.

Tim. @TimArnot

zeemuffenman

Will there be a future abillity to add CTR and TMA frequencies on the map? I.e. alongside the airspace boundaries. Be very useful!

Thanks,
Ellis

tim arnot

I'll put it on the wish list.

Tim. @TimArnot

mightykong

Is the option to export the flight plan to FS2020 coming?  It doesn't seem to be in these builds yet.

joshoram

I am encountering an error when create new FS2020 Databases

14:04:16.4 LOWZ
14:04:16.5 StartBuild_Executed: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Plan_G.Model.BGLSCAN.Scan() in C:\Users\Tim\source\repos\Plan-G\Model\BGLScan.cs:line 414
   at Plan_G.ViewModel.BuildDatabaseViewModel.StartBuild_Executed() in C:\Users\Tim\source\repos\Plan-G\ViewModel\BuildDatabaseViewModel.cs:line 140

I am using the LOWZ airport from Gaya Simulations, but it did not cause any error when building using Build 220

joshoram

Scratch that. I removed the addon version of the airport and got exactly the same error.

dan_fs

Hi Tim

I've tried to load a .pln file I made under v3.2.2 and it loads all the waypoints but doesn't join them up. So the headings/times/distances are all 0's.

I wanted to check if this was expected behaviour (i.e. still on the "to sort" list) or if I've got a specific issue/haven't done something!

Thanks!

tim arnot

Quote from: mightykong on September 12, 2020, 12:32:09 AM
Is the option to export the flight plan to FS2020 coming?  It doesn't seem to be in these builds yet.

There will be an option to write FS2020 format IFR files once departure procedures are implemented. But until then FSX/P3D format is identical for plans without embedded procedures.

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

Quote from: joshoram on September 12, 2020, 05:05:56 AM

14:04:16.5 StartBuild_Executed: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Plan_G.Model.BGLSCAN.Scan() in C:\Users\Tim\source\repos\Plan-G\Model\BGLScan.cs:line 414
   at Plan_G.ViewModel.BuildDatabaseViewModel.StartBuild_Executed() in C:\Users\Tim\source\repos\Plan-G\ViewModel\BuildDatabaseViewModel.cs:line 140

I am using the LOWZ airport from Gaya Simulations, but it did not cause any error when building using Build 220

Could you attach the full log file please? (I have the LOWZ addon, and don't see that error)

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

Quote from: dan_fs on September 12, 2020, 09:27:02 AM
Hi Tim

I've tried to load a .pln file I made under v3.2.2 and it loads all the waypoints but doesn't join them up. So the headings/times/distances are all 0's.

I wanted to check if this was expected behaviour (i.e. still on the "to sort" list) or if I've got a specific issue/haven't done something!

Thanks!
Please attach the flight plan in question, so I can investigate. Thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot

joshoram

Quote from: tim arnot on September 12, 2020, 10:14:56 AM
Quote from: joshoram on September 12, 2020, 05:05:56 AM

Could you attach the full log file please? (I have the LOWZ addon, and don't see that error)

Here is the log file. The only addon I have added since the previous build worked was the new Navigraph AIRAC data.