News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Build 223

Started by tim arnot, September 15, 2020, 01:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim arnot

Rebuilding your databases is optional.

The need for 64-bit has gone (hurrah!), and once again we have a single build suitable for all sims.

v4.0.0 (build 223)
* Fixed very long flight plans not drawn properly (SQLite query stack overflow)
* Fixed VRP markers did not clear from the map when deselected
* Fixed error saving intersections, introduced in 222
* 2-pass build process allows MSFS airport database to be built in 32-bit app (albeit slower)
* Improved visibility of the altitude banana
* More locations added in the search for UserCfg.opt
* Fixed AddonAirports.txt not created for MSFS (note: some addons don't change the AFCAD, in which case they don't currently appear in the list)
* Fixed some addon airports were misinterpreted, causing db build errors (MSFS)
* 64 bit build options removed

Building database for MSFS Steam edition.
Please download Build 224.

Download: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkfXrd8YzuWw7AvjGwgJVELlLLu5?e=MM5xzz

Tim. @TimArnot

scaramouche0484@gmail.com

Followed instructions and yet the 2020 option is still greyed out, what am I doing wrong!!

Sorry.

tim arnot

It's greyed out? That's a new one!

I shall investigate...

Edit: Wait, what is greyed out? The big "Display FS2020 Data button" (it won't be active until you've built some data to display), or the "Build FS2020 Database" checkbox (it won't be active if it can't find the content folder. If this one is greyed out, you need to tell me the path to your UserCfg.opt file again...)

Tim. @TimArnot

Sakarias411

Hello Tim and thanks for this awesome tool !

However, I am currently running into a problem.
The entire app becomes verry stuttery after a few clicks/drags on the map.

To fix it, I just have to disable one type of airports for example, and it'll be fine for a few seconds... then it will start stutter again (The time it takes to load everything again probably).
I guess Plan-G is trying to render runways (or something else) that is at a muuuuch lower zoom level, generating the stutters.

Here's a video of the problem (because a video is always better than words!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0f-PNu68h8

(And before you ask, my CPU is a I9-9900K @ 5Ghz and I have 32Gb of ram, which should be more than enough for Plan-G).

Please do not hesitate to tell me if you need my help to run tests, or if there's any logfile I can send.

EDIT : I imported the MSFS data only.

AstroMidas

Hi,

I have started using build 223 and am still having problems with the names of airports being shown when you hover over their icons.  I deleted all the files, including databases and configurations from the earlier releases and started afresh, rebuilding the database from my SteamLibrary as per the instructions.

What I see when hovering over the airport icon (using random EGBT as an example) :  EGBT TT:AIRPORTEK.EGBT.name TT:AIRPORTEK.EGBT.city Elev: 426ft.

This happens for all airports on the map.

tim arnot

You need to set the location of your Steam Library in Build Options.

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

Quote from: Sakarias411 on September 15, 2020, 08:08:26 PM
The entire app becomes verry stuttery after a few clicks/drags on the map.

Thanks. I've been running v3 and v4 side by side at the same zoom & same locations, and I'm not really seeing a difference. Yes there are some stutters from time to time. But I'll keep an eye on it an see what can be optimised.

Tim. @TimArnot

joshoram

I'm still having the same database build error as was happening in build 221. I can't see in the log file now what is causing it. I tried to do the build with latest Navigraph data as every other software I use has the updated AIRAC data so I don't want Plan-G to be behind.

BeardyTimbo

Morning - Build 223 doesn't load at all for me (I installed 32 bit version of Desktop Runtime).

I run the exe but nothing happens and no active process in Task Manager. I've checked my Documents area for logs but the only logs are for the previous 64 bit version (the 64 bit version still works fine btw).

Let me know if there's anything you need me to check\logs to pass on etc that may help.

Cheers

Tim

tim arnot

Quote from: joshoram on September 15, 2020, 11:27:37 PM
I'm still having the same database build error as was happening in build 221. I can't see in the log file now what is causing it. I tried to do the build with latest Navigraph data as every other software I use has the updated AIRAC data so I don't want Plan-G to be behind.

Different error. It got a lot further this time, so progress is being made. :)

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

Quote from: BeardyTimbo on September 16, 2020, 09:07:33 AM
Morning - Build 223 doesn't load at all for me (I installed 32 bit version of Desktop Runtime).

I run the exe but nothing happens and no active process in Task Manager. I've checked my Documents area for logs but the only logs are for the previous 64 bit version (the 64 bit version still works fine btw).

Hmm. Don't suppose you're clicking an icon attached to a deleted build by mistake?  I have no idea what would cause the program not to run at all.

Tim. @TimArnot

BeardyTimbo

Quote from: tim arnot on September 16, 2020, 10:19:44 AM
Quote from: BeardyTimbo on September 16, 2020, 09:07:33 AM

Hmm. Don't suppose you're clicking an icon attached to a deleted build by mistake?  I have no idea what would cause the program not to run at all.

Nahh I was def clicking the right exe however.....

I think the download\extract must have corrupted some how,  I just deleted the new build folder entirely redownloaded and now its working!

mcellini

Quote from: AstroMidas on September 15, 2020, 09:33:06 PM
Hi,

I have started using build 223 and am still having problems with the names of airports being shown when you hover over their icons.  I deleted all the files, including databases and configurations from the earlier releases and started afresh, rebuilding the database from my SteamLibrary as per the instructions.

What I see when hovering over the airport icon (using random EGBT as an example) :  EGBT TT:AIRPORTEK.EGBT.name TT:AIRPORTEK.EGBT.city Elev: 426ft.

This happens for all airports on the map.

+1  Same issue here.

tim arnot

Please attach your log file. Thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot

Sam2299

As for build 223 (same as 221, 220), after a while, stuck or crashed (become a black window). log file attached.