News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Build 223

Started by tim arnot, September 15, 2020, 01:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim arnot

Quote from: Sam2299 on September 16, 2020, 03:22:24 PM
As for build 223 (same as 221, 220), after a while, stuck or crashed (become a black window). log file attached.

This log at least shows an error :)
It appears to run out of memory while updating the user aircraft breadcrumb trail. Can I ask what you have your user aircraft refresh rate set to?

Tim. @TimArnot

Tomair

MSFS 2020

Plan G 64Bit 221 worked ok for me, connected no problem

Plan G 223...this version wont connect to the sim

tried copying the simconnect.dll from 221 as 223 seems not to have it but still no connection
tried copying all filles from 223 to 221 folder ...still no connecton

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated

tim arnot

The DLL you copied from the 64bit version is 64bit. It definitely won't work with 223, which is 32bit.

If you have the 32bit version of 221, can you report if that connects? (the download link is still available, if you don't have it). Thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot

jcm9000

Thanks for this excellent product, previously using with FSX and Xplane 11.  I'm finding this build slow to react - if i try zooming it can take a few seconds, going to free lock takes a few seconds and then a lot of lag until it crashes - had a few entries in my event viewer in windows (not sure where to find the log for Plan-G though and can't see it in the Plan-G folder).  It also sometimes goes a bit blurry as though the resolution of the screen has been changed, then pops back again!  I;m running MSFS on ultra with an i7-8700k, 1080ti and 32gb ram so things are being stretched, but plan-g usually runs no worries on my system.  I'll try a reboot as well. 

Sam2299

Quote from: tim arnot on September 16, 2020, 03:38:53 PM
Quote from: Sam2299 on September 16, 2020, 03:22:24 PM
As for build 223 (same as 221, 220), after a while, stuck or crashed (become a black window). log file attached.

This log at least shows an error :)
It appears to run out of memory while updating the user aircraft breadcrumb trail. Can I ask what you have your user aircraft refresh rate set

2 sec'

tim arnot

Blurry map is a sign of delays in getting map tiles from the server - it'll stretch a lower resolution map tile already in the cache while it's waiting. That may cascade into delays updating other components of the map. Try a different map provider, and see it the performance improves.

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

Quote from: Sam2299 on September 16, 2020, 04:09:12 PM
2 sec'

Try a few flights at the default (5 secs) and see if it still crashes (if the problem is linked to the length of the breadcrumb trail, it should take longer to crash, if at all. Then I can look at ways to mitigate the trail length.)

Tim. @TimArnot

jcm9000

Quote from: tim arnot on September 16, 2020, 04:10:44 PM
Blurry map is a sign of delays in getting map tiles from the server - it'll stretch a lower resolution map tile already in the cache while it's waiting. That may cascade into delays updating other components of the map. Try a different map provider, and see it the performance improves.

Yup that seemed to have worked, thanks!

Sam2299

Quote from: tim arnot on September 16, 2020, 04:14:43 PM
Quote from: Sam2299 on September 16, 2020, 04:09:12 PM
2 sec'

Try a few flights at the default (5 secs) and see if it still crashes (if the problem is linked to the length of the breadcrumb trail, it should take longer to crash, if at all. Then I can look at ways to mitigate the trail length.)
Thanks Tim, at 5 sec' v4 is stable. Just wonder, for the last 10 years or more (on FSX and P3D) I'm using refresh of 1 sec. never cause any problem.

Tomair

MSFS 2020

Plan G 64Bit 221 worked ok for me, connected no problem

Plan G 223...this version wont connect to the sim

Also tried Build 221  32 Bit as suggested....No Connection

I should clarify.....when i connect....the normal sound doesn't trigger saying that Plan G has connected....Plan G appears to connect and the disconnect button becomes available but my position isn't shown on the map
so i assume that it in fact hasn't connected...this is the same for 221 and 223 32 Bit

these were tried with Firewall Off

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

PearlyG

FYI to confirm Tim, I have the same connect problem as Tomair. My 221 worked fine, 223 is silent, Disconnect shows but no plane icon shows. I have not done any further testing as of now.

mcellini

Quote from: AstroMidas on September 15, 2020, 09:33:06 PM
Hi,

I have started using build 223 and am still having problems with the names of airports being shown when you hover over their icons.  I deleted all the files, including databases and configurations from the earlier releases and started afresh, rebuilding the database from my SteamLibrary as per the instructions.

What I see when hovering over the airport icon (using random EGBT as an example) :  EGBT TT:AIRPORTEK.EGBT.name TT:AIRPORTEK.EGBT.city Elev: 426ft.

This happens for all airports on the map.

I am seeing the same issue.  FS2020 Steam version.  The database builds fine but the airport names are not coming up.  I did enter the path to my Steam Library before building the database.  Log file attached.

tim arnot

Quote from: mcellini on September 17, 2020, 12:33:25 AM
I am seeing the same issue.  FS2020 Steam version.  The database builds fine but the airport names are not coming up.  I did enter the path to my Steam Library before building the database.  Log file attached.

Can you please confirm for me the location of your en-US.locPak file? it should be steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\Packages\fs-base-onboarding\

Tim. @TimArnot

mcellini

Confirmed the en-US.locPak file is located at:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\Packages\fs-base-onboarding