News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Build 224 [removed]

Started by tim arnot, September 17, 2020, 07:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim arnot

This build only affects building the database. There is no need to update if you're not wanting to build a database.

v4.0.0 (build 224)
* Added separate error trap for name patching
* Reordered processing of addons list
* Turned off repeated logging connection strings for MEF and UWpts databases
* Fixed Steam apt names patching had wrong path to locPak file

Building database for MSFS Steam edition.
You should not need to set any paths in the Options panel. Just:
- Select Build FS2020 database, and click OK

Download:

Tim. @TimArnot

TonyO

Hi Tim,

I've generated the database. Still doesn't have airport names. Also Simconnect not working. Logfile attached - looks like a version issue with Simconnect. My Steam path for MSFS is f:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Chucky. Don't know where the Chucky came from - that was generated during the game install. FS directory is f:\MFS2020\.

Cheers,
Tony

tim arnot

Ok thanks. Seems like every Steam user has something different!

The Simconnect version issue happens to some people. We haven't figured out why yet.

Tim. @TimArnot

TonyO

Looks like the correct version of en-US.locPak (7,434 KB) on my install is in f:\MFS2020\Official\Steam\fs-base.

Schmegg

Quote from: TonyO on September 18, 2020, 01:35:54 AM
Looks like the correct version of en-US.locPak (7,434 KB) on my install is in f:\MFS2020\Official\Steam\fs-base.

Mine is under the install directory I specified at install time. So ... <nominated install directory>\Packages\Official\Steam\fs-base

mightykong

So which version should we be using?  The 223 thread has downloads to both 223 and 224 (in the comments), but the 224 build was removed from this post. A bit confused.