News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Unable to load flight plan in fs2020 (msfs) build 23

Started by Blomotom, September 17, 2020, 08:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blomotom

Hello, i cant load my flight plan in the game. Nothing appear. Could you help me.
Thx

Blomotom

the problem is the NDB (if y delete the NDB the flight plan load in msfs)
see attachement (VFRv2.pln)

Similar problem with an other flight plan who calling VFR Chinguetti Airport à Chinguetti Airport.pln
Similar because it wont load because a i have create point of interest
If i create a user point it s work.

I hope this problem help developper....

Thx

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

I'm scratching my head on this. On the face of it, there's nothing wrong with any of these plan files, but they don't load in MSFS.

I recreated your plan exactly - with the NDB - and it opens fine in MSFS (see screenshot). I then compared the two .pln files, and the only differences I could see were the file creation dates in the comment block (2nd screenshot). I've attached my version of the plan - be interesting to see if it opens in your MSFS?

Same thing with the out and back plan - I recreated it and it opened, but yours didn't. Again I can't see a difference between the files.

Maybe the problem is accounted for by the language pack. What language is your PC set to? In msfs, the airports can have different names in different languages. Although I don't see how that would explain why your plan doesn't load on my pc either. Still, it's worth looking at.

Tim. @TimArnot

Blomotom

Test 1 - dep ndb isecs arr.pln  work fo me
i have anglais USA et French FRANCE language

Blomotom

tim arnot

No it does not. I don't have the chance to investigate further today, but it doesn't open in MSFS.

Tim. @TimArnot

Blomotom

I HAVE FOUND THE PROBLEM !

the problem come from name of the files.

If the files have some (,à,etc... dont load in msfs)
If the files havent it's ok

example :
VFR SION à SION.pln don't load
VFR SION a SION.pln load
VFR (SION) to (SION).pln don't load
VFR SION to SION.pln load

srm

I always used the same name but yesterday it wouldn't load until I changed my takeoff airport.
Now it seems to work.
It also worked if I generated the same flight with FS2020's flight plan maker with the original airport included.

The name never changed.  And it is simple - srm.pln

tim arnot

Ah, the problem is with the FILENAME, not the plan itself, I didn't consider that. Well done for finding it.

Now, if you generate a plan in MSFS and save it with an accented filename, can it then reopen it? If not, the bug is 100% with Microsoft. (I'll be able to test this once I get back to my PC)

Tim. @TimArnot

T1gger65

I found this issue as well when importing Plan-G pln files into MSFS 2020. (build 228)

Example: VFR Springbank to Calgary Intl [152 C-GPEM].pln

Plan-G is putting brackets around the aircraft and MSFS won't load the file. When I removed the brackets the flightplan pln loaded.