News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Build 225

Started by tim arnot, September 19, 2020, 06:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim arnot

You only need to rebuild your database if you're a Steam or Navigraph user.

v4.0.0 (build 225)
* Maybe (hopefully) fixed airport names issue for all Steam users
* Maybe (untested) fixed failure to create database with Navigraph installed
* Fixed Active leg marker behaving incorrectly in plan table view

There should be no need to set paths for any MSFS edition.

edit: While it does now build a database with Navigraph, the end result is totally borked, so I don't recommend that you try it.

Download: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkfXrd8YzuWw7A3JEDn6CVyxXG2R?e=dKivP0

Tim. @TimArnot

AstroMidas

Thanks for the new build Tim.  I can confirm that the airport names are now correct for my Steam version of MSFS.

Keep up the good work!  Donation incoming ;-)

Mark.

akbaris

Hello,

it seems like I can not connect to the sim. I have included the log file. I am using MSFS with the latest update.

tim arnot

I was going to suggest you try the P3D Simconnect, but you log shows you already tried that. FSUIPC should still work, but you'll need to download the latest v7 version of that.

Can I ask what version/build no of Windows you are running?

Tim. @TimArnot

lobsterminator

Long time user of Plan-G, but only now registered to access the MSFS alpha. Seems to work great! Plan-G has always been my favorite planning/tracking tool and it sucked to fly without it for a while.

Thank you for your efforts!

akbaris

Thank you for your response. I am using windows 10 with the latest update.

Oz-Flyer

Will there be a 64bit version or is it going back to 32 bit only?
Or am I just missing something?

tim arnot

Quote from: akbaris on September 20, 2020, 01:01:10 PM
Thank you for your response. I am using windows 10 with the latest update.

I need the actual build numbers - "latest update" doesn't mean anything, since you could be completely up to date but on a totally different version number. I'm trying to correlate windows versions against whether Simconnect does or doesn't work.

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

Quote from: Oz-Flyer on September 20, 2020, 01:19:31 PM
Will there be a 64bit version or is it going back to 32 bit only?
Or am I just missing something?

For now at least it's 32bit only, cos 32-bits works with all sims, 32 bit will always be needed, it's a major hassle trying to do both 64 and 32 bit builds, and all the simconnect problems only started after I attempted to do 64bit builds.
And there's nothing currently that actually *needs* to be 64-bit.

Tim. @TimArnot

akbaris

Sorry about that I have Windows 10 Home Edition OS Build 19041.508.

PearlyG

FYI, I found a fix to problem (when i connect....the normal sound doesn't trigger saying that Plan G has connected....Plan G appears to connect and the disconnect button becomes available but my position isn't shown on the map).
To Fix it I added simconnect.dll dated April 6 2020 with a size of 45 KB to the Plan-G folder. Don't know what program it came from but it works and the simconnect.dll (mine dated 7-22-2020 size 57 KB) from the SDK does have the error above.

tim arnot

Interesting, but I have no idea what that Simconnect.dll file is - there's nothing of that date or size on my PC...

Tim. @TimArnot

PearlyG

Just found out it is FSX Xpack version 10.0.61637.0

TonyO

With this build I can see the airport names display correctly after rebuilding the database. I couldn't connect at first but after installing FSX's simconnect.dll all works fine.
Thanks Tim for your efforts.  :azn:

monirgeadah

Hello Tim.

Downloaded V4 Build 225. tried installing as administrator but it say to run this application you must install NET Core first.

Is that really needed or safe ?

Regards and best wishes.

Monir