News:

Main Menu

is build 228 64 bit?

Started by srm, September 25, 2020, 09:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srm

Doesn't want to run. 

Oh, and is there a way to get country and region for each airport?  Don't see it in the data base.

tim arnot

No, it's 32-bit.

Not sure what's going on with region codes, but MSFS does not include country names, at least not that I've found. But most of them have been deduced from their ICAO codes - only about 1900 of almost 38000 are still missing.

Tim. @TimArnot

srm

Can't run the 32 bit version.  It keeps saying I need to install .NET Core, which is already installed.
Reinstalling it doesn't help.  Plan-G asks every time I try to run the program.

tim arnot

You installed the x86 version of DotNet Core?

If you bring up a cmd prompt, and type dotnet --info that should tell you what's installed.

Tim. @TimArnot

srm

I know it's installed because the previous ver. 4 64 bit Plan-G works.

mjrhealth

Quote from: srm on September 26, 2020, 04:14:37 AM
I know it's installed because the previous ver. 4 64 bit Plan-G works.
You need to install teh 32bit ver

srm

I see that the new version has countries assigned for most airports.  Unfortunately, they have British Columbia frequently assigned to the United States rather than Canada.

tim arnot

Tim. @TimArnot

srm

I've generated a KML file for google earth that would show the airports if you think that would help.
Of course, the error could be in FS2020.

tim arnot

no, it was just a dumb assumption in a piece of code. It's fixed in the next build. :)

Tim. @TimArnot

srm

Glad to hear.  Question: would you mind including the region as well, assuming its not difficult?
Or, if you care to pass along how to get the info from FS2020, that would be okay too.

JafaJones

Plan-G installed and working a treat with FS2020, needed to load the X86 version of .NET despite my system being X64.

Traffic currently not showing up but understand still Alpha so no issues :-)

Fantastic

Cheers

Mike

JafaJones

Traffic not displaying fixed by turning setting on - Duh, working a treat

Cheers

Mike