News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Flight Plan Not Loading

Started by Tartechlo, September 27, 2020, 09:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tartechlo

Hi

I know this topic has been discussed and I've followed the advice but I can't get a simple flight plan to load into MSFS.

It's a simple VFR flight from Bournemouth to Kemble with 3 waypoints, all airports. I saved the plan removing the bracketed parts of the filename to read: "VFR Bournemouth to Kemble 172 Skyhawk.plg"

I then exported it to FSX as suggested and is now "VFR Bournemouth to Kemble 172 Skyhawk.pln"

However, when I go into MSFS it will not load the plan.

Any suggestions please? I'm currently using build 228.

tim arnot

Try just calling it "Bournemouth to Kemble". Maybe MSFS doesn't like numbers in filenames either. If that doesn't work, attach it here and I'll see if I can find what's "wrong" with it.

Tim. @TimArnot

T1gger65

I created a few Plan-G plans on the weekend which successfully loaded into MSFS 2020 after removing the square brackets from the exported file name.

I did find though that if I used Plan-G's Start Position button to assign a ramp / gate before exporting the PLN it wouldn't load into MSFS. If I left the default positioning for the departure airport and exported the PLN it loaded successfully and I was able to use the MSFS flight planner to assign a ramp position before loading into my flight.

tim arnot

Yes, that's another bug in MSFS - don't set a start position.

Tim. @TimArnot

Tartechlo

Thanks guys, got my plans loading in now.