News:

Main Menu

Flight Planning

Started by Jurgenm1947, October 12, 2020, 07:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jurgenm1947

Just having some minor issue when trying to do a flight plan for MSFS 2020 in the new Plan-G. After setting the data to load in MSFS 2020 I then go to find' I then select the airport that appears (EGKA) or as in the case attached file, nothing appears,  which is totally different to the FSX.

Can someone please advise, thank you.

JM
jm

tim arnot

Did you activate the database after building it? An empty Find dialog indicates there's no active database.

Tim. @TimArnot

Jurgenm1947

Didn't know you had to activate it never did with FSX, even in the new one I didn't have to activate the FSX data, that said I've just loaded it up and without doing anything the 'FIND' looks like this is this how it should look. It looks totally different from the previous version.
jm

tim arnot

v4 will run without any databases built or active. This was not possible in v3, but was often requested.

Was your version of MSFD bought from the Steam store? There were some problems with names on the Steam version some time back. I would suggest you install the latest build of Plan-G (231), and rebuild your database.

Tim. @TimArnot

Jurgenm1947

No I pre-order MSFS from Microsoft direct. I am about to uninstall Plan-G then turn my PC off then on and re-install to see if that makes a difference. My friends Plan-G doesn't have this issue so I'm totally baffled. Any help would be appreciated.
jm

tim arnot

The TT: stuff is because your database is out of date - you need to rebuild your database using the current build (231).

This is a database issue. Just "uninstalling/reinstalling" the program won't change it. (Anyhow there is no "uninstall" it's just unzip the new version over the top & replace existing files)

Tim. @TimArnot

Jurgenm1947

Does this mean I have re-install MSFS 2020 or is there another to update the database
jm

tim arnot

No. In Plan-G, go to the Data ribbon, and select Build Navigation Database.

Tim. @TimArnot

Jurgenm1947

Hi, I've actually done that twice now with no change, so I've now uninstalled FS 2020 and I am currently re-installing, keeping my fingers  crossed. If it doesn't work I'll get back to you if that's okay.
jm

tim arnot

There was zero value in uninstalling/reinstalling MSFS. As I have said repeatedly, the issue is in building the Plan-G database.

Please attach the Plan-G log file to this thread. You'll find it in My Documents\Plan-G Files. That'll tell me exactly what's happening.

Tim. @TimArnot

Jurgenm1947

Hi, as requested I've attached the Plan-G log
jm

tim arnot

ok, please attach the log AFTER you've built the database.

And update your copy of Plan-G, like I told you several posts back. You're still running 225, You should be on 231.

Tim. @TimArnot

Jurgenm1947

Hi, right I've now have Plan-G up and running,  but I wasn't aware of the newer version the only thing you asked me to do was to update my database which I did, my apologies for any inconveniences caused.

Thank you
Jurgen
jm

tim arnot

It's always worth keeping an eye on the v4Alpha board - latest build will be stickied at the top. Builds usually come out towards the end of a week, roughly every 1-3 weeks.

Tim. @TimArnot

Jurgenm1947

Okay,thank you for the info
jm